Since BePro Listings version 2.1.18 you can upload your listings via a csv document. There are some basic requirements and limitations to the upload form. Ultimately, this is a quick and easy way to upload your inventory to BePro Listings. This article is dedicated to providing the details on how to use the upload form
The first row of your csv file must contain the following headings. Members can download the following csv template BePro Listings csv template (391) or you can use the following headings.
- item_name – name of your listing. This is required
- content – Listing description
- categories – Can be the category ID or category name. Must be coma separated
- first_name – first name for contact
- last_name – last name for contact
- cost – cost for listing
- email – email for contact
- website – website link for listing
- address_line1 – street address for listing
- city – city of listing
- postcode – postal code for listing
- state – state of listing
- country – country of listing
- phone – phone number of contact
- lat – latitude information for listing
- lon – longitude information for listing
- photo – photo url. Only (1) allowed
Simply fill in the columns with the information that corresponds to these headings. Yes, the name does matter. No, the order does not matter
There is the option of which delimiter to use. We offer 3 delimiter options which we believe would handle most possible scenarios. So make sure to save your csv file using one of the available delimiters. Strings are encased in double quotes e.g. “string” and is a default setting for most csv exported files.
Also consider that BePro Listings uploads uses your settings for “Default Status” and “Query Type”. So if you would like the resulting uploads to be “Published” you need to indicate this. If you are having issues getting a lat/lon, then try switching the “Query Type” value
One big aspect to note is that the file must be in ANSI encoding. Many text editors will help you to verify the encoding. For example, we use notepad++ which is a free editor and will help you to manage the encoding of your files. This is important to note since you may be generating the csv document via a third party application.
If you are interested in uploading your inventory to the BePro Listings system, its now very easy. Prepare the file using our column headers. Then in the BePro Listings option menu, select the file, the delimiter character, and upload the listings. Did we mention this is all for FREE?