Tagged: packages

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

We have a new plugin release scheduled first. Then we will tackle upgrading the BePro Listings package feature. Probably another 7-10 days.

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Hi, I’ve just seen the latest changelog for updates and have updated to version Version 2.1.995.

I noticed on the changelog that you’ve made improvements to payment package features, so I’ve been trying to navigate to packages and forgotten entirely where it is… has been a while since I looked at it.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Once the flat fee feature is selected, two new menus are available under BePro Listings. One menu is for the creation of packages, the other shows packages users are selecting and their status (paid, pending, etc)

We are working on updating our documentation and will update this post when its ready.

___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

Listing package documentation has been updated .

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-payments/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok great I’ve found that now.

I’m wondering if you’ve started to visiting the idea of subscription options when it comes to packages now. I’ve been pointed in the direction of one of your competitors GeoDirectory. It seems that they are setup in order to do exactly what I want in terms of allowing users to create a standard free listing which is visible to all, give the user the option to upgrade their listing for more photos, search boost etc and handle subscription charges.

I’m reluctant to move over to Geodirectory because I’ve already spent so much money with you, however if you aren’t going to be adding this facility then I think I will have little choice.

jambojam

My other rather obvious issue with using geodirectory as opposed to bepro is that bepro is highly customisable and the way I can use your shortcode throughout my site to build the listings how I want is far better than the templates provided by geodirectory.

If the subscription, upgrade/downgrade of listings is something that you’re really going to address then I really want to stick with bepro

Hello,

There are a few directory options to consider. We appreciate you doing your research and understand that you have made an investment with us. This investment is very appreciated and we hope to keep our customers as happy as possible

As you have observed over the past month or so with us, BePro Listings is constantly evolving. Some of the new features directly affect your project, some may not. We believe our track record demonstrates that we are actively patching and upgrading features on a regular basis.

The short answer to your question is yes. Our next step is to add the ability to select which forms (created by the form builder), are available per package. Our Form Builder already offers various configuration options. Options missing like # of images, will be added. The result we expect, will be the most feature rich and configurable directory subscription model available for wordpress

Currently, our packages offer the foundation necessary to collect payments, for access to base features during a limited amount of time (subscriptions). Today, users can switch which package their listing is attached to. This means they can upgrade or downgrade at any time. Enhancements like default packages are in the works

You can expect these enhancements to be rolled out over the coming weeks. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the functionality or interface of these features, feel free to share them with us
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Thanks guys!

I think I just needed some assurance that this was going to be part of the planned enhancement here.

I’m having a look at the way packages will work and I find it very interesting. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like you’ve moved packages to sit slightly seperately to categories, which is great. I think before you had to have a link between package and category. So now an end user could search through listings and filter by category without seeing the package as a category which they can filter. This is great because I wouldn’t want a user browsing the listings to be able to choose to ignore all premium listings.

I think from an end user’s perspective that has created a listing there are a couple of things that you would want to see when it comes to switching packages, first of all an easy button/link displayed on their listing which only the author can access in order to change their package and secondly a timer to show how many days they have left until the package expires. They would also need the ability to cancel their subscription at any point. Again I am unsure because I’ve not tested yet, but these features may already be in place.

I think obviously the next step would be this default package which the listing will revert to once the timer is over and they choose not to carry on with their subscription.

Thanks again for the reply. I do think that bepro is by far the most adaptable directory in that it can plug straight into any wordpress theme without causing any issue and can be presented in almost any way that a developer could want… if this ability to run subscriptions the way I want to is addressed then I think we’re golden! I also believe that I’ll have to invest further with the claim listings, contact and ratings addons.

Hi,

We completely understand and appreciate your questions. Luckily, development is driven by customers like you, who contribute with your, ideas, feedback, purchases and donations. We are very motivated to improve our products and attract as many happy customers as possible. This forum gives you a voice and we are excited to hear what you need from our end to be successful.

Many of the package features you noted exist today. We concede that we must make package association and management more obvious to the end user. We are thinking that both the listing interface and edit page need to evolve.

Auto Recurring charges does not exist yet. This is one of the advancements scheduled for BePro Cart. That plugin has grown a lot over the past few months and will continue to grow to accommodate the needs of our BePro Software Suite. We are very excited about it and anticipate it may one day be our most popular product.

We agree that a default package option should be released asap. Overall, you can expect package management to improve a lot in BePro Listings. Its very important to us that our BePro Software Suite provides easy, feature rich tools, so you can concentrate on the difficult part… Finding customers
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Hi, been a few weeks since I posted this comment. I just wanted to check up to see if there has been much progress in terms of creating a default package option or any advance in the auto reccuring charges for bepro cart.

Hi,

We have made a few major advancements to BePro Cart and BePro Listings over the recent weeks. However, the features you are looking for have not been addressed yet. A member of our team will update this post when there is progress related to this forum topic.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Is there any way at all I can get an idea of time frames here? Would be very useful to me.

Hi,

Your suggestions are appreciated and we are making progress towards your goals.

Offering a robust package management feature is our primary focus. You can anticipate observing an evolution in how your users interact with packages, starting in a few days. Users can upgrade and downgrade freely today; However, we hope to make it easier for customers to understand package status and make changes.

Simultaneously, BePro Cart and its addons are being upgraded to better support the needs of plugins like BePro Listings. It will also eventually allow us to offer graphical insights into payments e.g. statistics and reports. We are also actively working with payment processors, towards testing and certifying our payment options.

The upgrades described above, will provide the necessary foundation for introducing the features you are anticipating most. We hope to introduce subscriptions in approx 3 weeks. Default packages will be around 6 weeks.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

thanks, I just need the timeframes to help me put together my strategy for launch. I’m thinking now that with this ultimately being about 6 weeks away from performing the kind of functionality I’m after that it may be better to launch sooner and then plug those updates into the website at a later date.

Hi,

Yes, we would recommend launching if its an option. The new features will be easy to add to your existing setup

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.