Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    nanettedp

Hi! If I use the Search filter widget and select the correct form id for that specific widget and sidebar then the filter that is shown shows all the searchable options for all listings and not just the search options for that specific form.
    for example, my search options for my book listings would be author and genre and my search options for educational weblinks listings will only have a topic search… but currently author, genre and topics will show in the search filter. I did select the correct form id. Please help.

Hi,

Which version of the Form Builder are you using? Also are you using the same form id for the display_listings shortcode?

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

I checked the version and as you suggested I needed to update. I am struggling to update formbuilder via the plugins panel. I have no problem to update beprolistings, always just form builder. I get a ‘Update Failed: undefined’ error message… as a result I always do the update manually and this causes great frustration for me. Last night it caused a white screen of death… so I had to do a db restore to fix it.
    To update formbuilder These are the steps I follow:
    1) deactivate formbuilder from adminpanel
    2) rename the folder in the plugin folder via filemanager
    3) from the plugins admin via the wordpress dashboard upload the latest formbuilder zip file and activate

The problem with this method is the old versions of formbuilder remains in the plugin dashboard and cuases confusion. If I delete them, it deletes my forms as well.
    Is there a way that I can do my updates in a better way?

Also the system states that there is a Version 1.0.403 version, but the only version I am able to download under my account is Version 1.0.402

Your help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

Your situation is unfortunate. It sounds like once you began updating the plugin incorrectly, you were not able to rectify the situation.

We can see other customers interacting with our Updates plugin. We anticipate that the multiple versions which have been installed, are probably causing the Updates plugin not to work for you. The version on your My Accounts page has been updated to the latest (1.0.403). We suggest that you first focus on removing all corrupt versions. To do so, try the following :

1) Delete the file BePro_listings_form_builder->uninstall.php
    2) Via the wordpress admin, deactivate and delete the plugin completely 100%
    3) Confirm all corrupt versions of the plugin are deleted via ftp
    4) Install the plugin via ftp i.e unzip to your desktop, make sure the folder naming is correct and upload that folder to the plugins directory on your server
    5) Activate the plugin via the wordpress admin

If all steps above are followed, the forms you have created will be preserved. Luckily, you already have backups if anything goes wrong.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Hi, thanks for the step by step instruction… unfortunately it did wipe all the forms. I suspect that is because I should have deleted all the uninstall.php files from all formbuilder folders i.e. the old versions as well?

Anyways, the forms has been rebuild and I am back to where I was, but now I have the correct form builder version…. unfortunately the original issue still remains that the search filter listings shows ALL categories instead of just the specific form categories. I did select the corrct formID from the dropdown in the widget setup.

http://guardtheirheart.co.za/heartsafe-books/

Would appreciate your help in this regard.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. We suggest that you first focus on deleting all extra occurrences of the plugin. You will continue to experience issues while they exist. Yes, the uninstall.php file needs to be removed since it contains the code which removes all date during deletion.

Please confirm the issue. Your original posts states that you are seeing search fields that are not set in the form. Your last message states that you are seeing categories that you do not expect. Once we clarify the actual issue, we can provide further assistance.

Also please confirm the version of BePro Listings that you are using
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Thanks, all extra occurrences are removed and the latest version is installed… so we can exclude that as the problem for now.

The way I understand the search filter widget is that everything that is marked as searchable in form builder is listed in the search filter. This is also the case with me, the categories is also a searchable field so they are also listed in the search filter and that is exactly what I need, BUT the problem is that it lists ALL categories. In other words it does not exclude the categories that I entered in the ‘exclude category’ field in the formbuilder plugin.

nanettedp

If the description above is still unclear, have a look at the images attachedSearch Filter issue

nanettedp

nanettedp

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. In the future, when issues are fixed, please create a new topic for clarity

Unfortunately, we cannot see any of your screenshots. However, we have confirmed the issue with the category field and have notified our development team. As custom search filters is a recently released (beta) feature, these types of issues are expected. We anticipate our dev team will release a fix within a week. You can monitor the Form Builder changelog to confirm when the fix is released

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-form-builder/

Thanks for helping us to improve the Form Builder by testing our Beta features and reporting issues.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

After a bit of research, I have confirmed that the base BePro Listings plugin does not facilitate the exclusion of categories in the search filter.

The exclude, require and parent options in the form builder category field, were originally designed for the front end forms. However, its a great idea to add those options to search filters. This would require the Form Builder to do things never before seen.

So instead of a “fix”, this feature will be considered an enhancement. Note that enhancements typically take longer for our team to address compared to fixes.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Thanks for your update and going trough the effort to find out more. It is however strange to me that the search filter widget is not designed in this way… because if you look at the widget setup it asks you what form ID to use. Why is that option there if it was not meant to exclude the other forms?
    see link for image http://guardtheirheart.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/dropdown.jpg

Thanks for your trouble in this regard.

Searchfilter dropdownn showing form selection options

Hi,

Your question is confusing. Either you need help with

a) excluding categories specified in the category form field in form X
    b) showing search fields from form X and not Y

They are two completely different issues. Which one is it?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Ha ha now you are confusing me with all the X en Y 🙂

A) excluding categories in the search filter.

All I am saying is that it is just strange to me that it is seen as an enhancement seeing that the search filter have the option to select different form ID options… why would the category filter be something new. I would have thought that exclusion of categories per form would be a given in stead of a nice to have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.