Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    nanettedp

I bought your form builder plugin.
    I want to create different forms that need to be published to different listing pages. For example:
    The book form need to publish to a book listing page – no location and cost needed on this listing page.
    The movie form need to publish to a movie listing page – no location and cost needed on this listing page.
    The classified ads form need to publish to a classified ads listing page – location but no cost needed on this listing page.
    The business directory form need to publish to a business directory listing page – location and cost needed on the business directory listing page.

My problem/question is that I get an error that ‘Issue saving your listing. Please contact the website administrator’ when I save the listing. It does create the listing in the admin panel, but if I go to the listing page it says: ‘your criteria returned no results.’
    Please can you help me resolve this issue. Also is there a way that I can create multiple listing pages. i.e one for movies, one for books, one for ads and one for business listings

Kind regards

Hi,

Each purchase is very appreciated. Thanks for contributing to the growth of our community.

Can you confirm that the status of submitted listings is “approved” and not “pending”? By default, BePro Listings sets all submissions to pending. This setting can be changed via the BePro Listings->Options admin page

Yes, you can link each form to a unique listings page. The following documentation explains

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/separating-form-submissions/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Thanks, I checked pending is off, so listings go straight to published, but still it does not list.
    I also tried the new listing shortcode… no luck.
    Is there a way I can add image files#screen dumps of my site so you can see what I am doing?

Hi,

Screenshots may help later. Right now, a few details will help the most.

– What do you have selected for show geography in the admin?

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

The dropdown is on ‘No’

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by nanettedp.
    nanettedp

I have tried all the different setting under the geo dropdown and made no difference yet

nanettedp

the shortcode for the book listing user form is [create_listing_form bl_form_id=”3″]
    the shortcode that I put on my book listing page is [display_listings l_type=”3″]
    Is this correct?

Hi,

If your goal is to show listings from bl_form_id=3 then you should use that option. As noted in our shortcode documentation, l_type has to do with categories. Please refer to the documentation link shared earlier, it shows examples of exactly what’s needed
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

I did read the documentation provided, but it is still not very clear to me…. I am a beginner to shortcodes etc. My listings still does not work so I am trying to find what is wrong…. You say the ‘l_type has to do with categories’… where do I find the category ID or do I use the category name? Thanks for your patience 🙂

Hi,

If you are new to shortcodes, please view our free shortcode video documentation

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-shortcodes

If new to wordpress, consider investing $10 in our basic subscription. We provide a video introduction series to using wordpress like figuring out category ID’s

https://www.beprosoftware.com/subscriptions/

Stop using the l_type option for now. If you would like to showcase listings from form 3, then you must use the display_listings shortcode with the bl_form_id option eg. [display_listings bl_form_id=3]
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

I do understand the basics tx and did watch the video about shortcodes….also comfortable with wordpress… also used the shortcode above but the it still does not work.

nanettedp

All the test listings on all forms inn form builder gives me the “Issue saving your listing. Please contact the website administrator” error.
    How can this be fixed?

Select one of the Forms which shows the error on submission and list the field types you are using here.

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

[create_listing_form bl_form_id=”4″] is my movie form. I used the following form fields:
    item_name
    description
    categories
    file upload
    submit button

Hi,

Thanks for attempting our troubleshooting tips. We tested your form fields and our submission worked perfectly. This situation seems like it may be unique. Please try two more steps

– Use the shortcode [display_listings bl_form_id=4]
    – Deactivate all plugins that are not created by the BePro Software Team and return to one of the stock wordpress themes (twentytwelve, twentyfifteen)

If you continue to receive errors while creating listings or viewing submissions, please email an administrator login to [email protected]. Our team would be happy to take a look

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.