Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    philmay

I had to wrap <div class=”entry”> in single-listing.php with

<div id="main_wrapper">
                    		<div id="main" class="wrapper">

<div class="padd10">

to make the listing display in the body of the page.

But I noticed a few issues. In the form I have 5 file uploads, and in setting uploads is set to 5 but when i created a test listing it only showed one image.

also dropdowns and checkboxes do not work correctly. I created numerous multiselect checkbox fields and many dropdowns but all the options always display on the listing not just what was chosen during listing creation.

Listing display errorlisting display error

form examplesform examples

here is a link to a test listing:
    http://www.meshgeo.com/listings/nice-old-home

on the listing editor page the added form fields are not aligned:

listing editor alignment issuelisting editor alignment issue

Hi,

Did you create a template file for BePro Listings? Its detailed here in the following documentation page

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-template-files/

The need for it and process for setting it up is explained on that page

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

We are also investigating the checkbox/selectbox issue you noted.

I would like to point out that the form builder should only allow you to place one upload field in the form. The amount of uploads that the upload field represents, is set in the BePro Listings admin. BePro Listings manages everything else, upload, management, showcase, etc.

___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

I edited single-listing.php as follows to use as a template:

<?php
    /**
     * The Template for displaying all single listings.
     * Override this template by copying it to yourtheme/template/single-listing.php
     * @author 		BePro Software Team
     * @package 	bepro_listings/Templates
     * @version     2.0.0
     */

get_header("listings"); ?>
    <div id="main_wrapper">

<div class="padd10">
    <div class="entry">
    		<?php
    		global $wpdb, $post;
    		//get listing information related to this post
    		$page_id = $post->ID;
    		$item = $wpdb->get_row("SELECT * FROM ".$wpdb->prefix.BEPRO_LISTINGS_TABLE_NAME." WHERE post_id = ".$page_id);
    		//get settings
    		$data = get_option("bepro_listings");
    		?>

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<?php
    		if($item){
    			$page_template = plugin_dir_path( __FILE__ )."/content-single-listing.php";
    			$page_template = apply_filters("bepro_listings_change_page_template",$page_template,$item);
    			include($page_template); 
    		}else{
    			the_content();
    		}		
    		?>

<?php endwhile; // end of the loop. ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php get_sidebar("listings"); ?>
    <?php get_footer("listings"); ?>

Hi,

The template you implemented would be a short term fix, that will be lost at every plugin update. Buddypress, Woocommerce and any other plugin which generates a page via custom post type, will need their own template files to integrate with 3rd party themes.

When the issues you are currently experiencing with our plugins are all fixed, allow us to create the template files for you for free. There is very little that you cannot permanently customize with BePro Listings if done the write way. This fix should be done in a child theme, so that it survives updates of your theme and plugins

Note that our recent release 1.0.27 directly addresses the checkbox and dropdown functionality issues you noted. It also addresses the layout issues. As this is a very new plugin, you can anticipate continued refinement of the layout. Are the current usability issues patched from your perspective?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

Odd somehow my updated got deactivated. anyway I updated and it displays perfectly on the front end and on the editor now :). Good job guys and thanks for addressing the issue so promptly.

If you would like to create templates for my site then you are more than welcome to and I cant wait to see what you come up with.

Hi,

Thanks for confirming the fixes worked. Let us know if you continue to have unexplained deactivation issues. Here are the files you need to create

header-listings.php

<?php
    get_header();
    <div id="main_wrapper">
         <div class="padd10">

sidebar-listings.php

</div>
      </div>
    </div>
    <?php
    get_sidebar();

Note, this is based purely on the html you shared. We have not seen your website/theme and hence cannot confirm that this is the correct html to use. With that said, placing these files in a child theme, is the best route for implementing these customizations and surviving updates

___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

ok then, thats literally the same thing I am already doing. I am very curious however why you split the template in half between header-listings.php and sidebar-listings.php, rather than just use a single template file that calls the header, wraps the content and then calls a sidebar and footer.

philmay

also is there a specific location to place the template files or just in the wordpress root dir?

This error relating to templates is occurring on the single listing page:

WARNING: wp-content/plugins/bepro_listings_form_builder/bepro_listings_form_builder.php:1026 - array_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
    require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), get_single_template, get_query_template, apply_filters('single_template'), call_user_func_array, Bepro_listings->post_page_single, include('/plugins/bepro-listings/templates/single-listing.php'), include('/plugins/bepro-listings/templates/content-single-listing.php'), do_action('bepro_listings_item_details'), call_user_func_array, bepro_listings_item_details_template, apply_filters('bepro_listings_override_page_content'), call_user_func_array, Bl_form_builder->details_page, array_values
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by philmay.
    philmay

i tried putting your suggested files in my child theme folder, also in the plugin template folder and /childtheme/template as suggested by your template documentation and they do not work. The only thing that works is when i edit single-listing.php directly

Hi,

The template files go in your theme. Judging from your conclusions, it seems you may be new to child themes and custom templates. These are wordpress topics which you can learn more about via the following links

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Page_Templates

Which version of the form builder are you using that generating that error?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

It also may be helpful to note that the plugin generates the content. It has no way of knowing about those html snippets which are completely different for each theme. All it can do is call header-listings.php, sidebar-listings.php, etc. Details are explained in the page template documentation shared above

Once you get a chance to read about child themes, you will understand how they make changes survive updates. It will also explain how child themes use the template files.

As noted before, this is a wordpress issue inherent in the most popular plugins. The fix is usually to buy a ready built theme (like our $1 themes) or create these template files.

___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

Sorry we missed your message. Did you activate the child theme?

___
    BePro Software Theme

philmay

my child theme has been activated ever since i installed wordpress, I never develop without a child theme.
    also my child theme includes various files from numerous plugins and the original theme to facilitate function overrides, while I am not a pro developer I certainly know how to use a child theme 🙂

philmay

also, does bepro listings come with any widgets to display random or featured listings? There are no widgets for the plugin showing under appearance > widgets in the dashboard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.