Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We apologize for the confusion. It does seem like you are more than familiar with the subject matter 🙂 To answer your question, yes BePro Listings comes with several widgets including “Search Filter”, “Listings Map” and “Recent Listings”

What we need to do now is confirm which issues remain. There seems to be two things we are discussing in this post. Please help us to clarify the following

1) Are you still experiencing a visible php error on the details page (caused by the form builder)? If so, what version of the form builder are you using?
    2) Any edits to single-listing.php will be lost during upgrades. Are you opting to stay with this approach or would you like more help figuring out why the template files aren’t working?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by BePro Software Team. Reason: clarify which form builder version
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by BePro Software Team. Reason: Clarify widget features
    philmay

I am not experiencing any more “visual” errors that I have found so far. I wont know for sure until I get everything else all set up.

As far as the templates go, I do not mind creating an account for you on the site and and some ftp credentials so you can play with the templates yourself.

philmay

and the widgets you mentioned are not present in my dashboard

nevermind i found them, sorry i have 5 recent listing widgets i overlooked yours. maybe you could add BePro to the widget titles for easier visual identification.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by philmay.
    philmay

where is your documentation on how to add more information to the recent listing widget, for instance I would like to be able to show some real estate info like location and price etc

I see the relevant code to edit is

while ( $r->have_posts()) {
    				$r->the_post();

echo '<li>
    					<a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="sidebar_recent_imgs">
    						' . get_the_post_thumbnail( $r->post->ID, 'bepro_listings' ) . '</a>';
    				echo '<a href="' . get_permalink() . '">' . get_the_title() . '</a>
    				</li>';
    			}

Is there a list of fields I can get from listings? Also, without knowing if get_the_price() even exists, hypothetically speaking would adding
    echo '<a href="' . get_permalink() . '">' . get_the_price() . '</a>
    above </li> work?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion on renaming the widgets. We will definitely implement them

There is unfortunately no way to customize the widget information. If you give us 48 hours, we can implement a filter you can override. Then you can place whatever information you want in the widgets, without risk of loosing them during upgrades.

We have not created documentation for the fields available in BePro Listings. However, you can get an idea of most of them, from the csv upload documentation.

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/listing-csv-upload/

Allow us 48 hours to create documentation specifically focused on explaining which values are stored in BePro Listings tables. For now, you can reference the “bepro_listings_install_table” function in the bepro_listings_functions.php file around line 125.

Yes, please send ftp and wordpress credentials to [email protected]. Creating custom templates is usually a paid service; However, considering your patience with past issues we would be happy to do this for free.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

I appreciate the effort you put forth to get things set up. I would only make suggestions that should help the plugin be even better for everyone who uses it. The customer support you provide is unparalleled. That is why I plan to purchase ALL of your extensions and convert my entire directory over to BePro. You could consider my project a true stress test of your plugin, as I already have just under 300k listings and that is just for one state, I haven’t added the other 49 yet which total to around 20 million business listings nation wide. The reason being that once I hit 100k businesses, importing became insanely slow. With 290k listings it takes over 3 hours to import a 5000 row csv and is getting slower and slower with every import. I am dieing to see how your importer performs. My database server is optimized for innodb writes, inputs and updates so a properly designed plugin and importer should import insanely fast, however my current directory plugin lags horribly during imports when appending categories during import.

I will send that email right away, thanks again.

philmay

you should have received 2 emails, one from your wordpress account creation and one from ftp user creation.
    the install resides in /public_html/ from your ftp home dir.

kindly respond that you are able to access both accounts.

philmay

by the way your points arent working correctly. I have 15 points that I applied to a $25 cart. it brings thew price down to $10 but during checkout paypal tries to charge the full 25.

Hi,

Yes, we appreciate this opportunity to stress test the plugin.

Unfortunately, we did not receive either of the two emails

We are checking into the points issue. Thanks for alerting us

___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

check again, I resent but from my own email rather than the from the server itself.

philmay

While youre there, check out the debug bar and see if you can figure out all the BePro errors

Hi,

Yes, we did receive the credentials. Thanks for your patience and allowing us to take a look. We will update this post when everything is setup.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

ok excellent. Also, can you look into why my 15 points will not apply when I am trying to check out and buy addons? It shows the proper discount in your cart but not when i get to paypal to purchase.

Hi,

Yes, the points issue is a priority. We hope to rectify it within the next 24 hours. Thanks for your patience and continued interest.

___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

no problem. A new issue has come up. I switched from a single site install to multisite and now on the single listings the galleries plugin does not function correctly. I am using slider2 and it shows the thumbs but the main image is invisible.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.