Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    ilikelocal

My form builder field is blank too. This is very frustrating as I don’t see any documentation that helps me. I’m not a coder and I don’t know where to look to fix a broken form nor would I try. I am so close to being ready to go live with my site and now THIS!

I’ve already lost 2 forms and I don’t want to start over again only to lose more work and time.

Windows 7 pro
    Firefox
    Plugins INstalled: be pro listings, form builder, and software updater.

I would greatly appreciate any help. My time to work on my project is very limited so please help me asap. I’ve already deleted the form builder and I’m on the phone with my web host trying to get to the bottom of the “asp tags” issue. Feel like I’m wasting my time.

Is there a video or documentation that walks you through the “Do’s and Don’ts” of form building?

Hello,

It seems like you have posted multiple times. Each time, you are making progress without us. We will delete your previous posts, so that we are addressing the most recent issue.

To help us understand where you are now, please answer the following questions

1. What exactly do you mean by “loosing forms”?
    2. Can you share the steps you are taking which is causing the Form Builder to go blank?
    3. What does it say for asp_tags on the BePro Listings->BPL Status page?
    4. Are you able to create new forms?

We offer several documentation articles dedicated to the Form Builder including troubleshooting tips and videos on the following page.

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-form-builder/

We are confident that with a little insight into your situation, we can provide a solution for your issue.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ilikelocal

It seems like you have posted multiple times. Each time, you are making progress without us. We will delete your previous posts, so that we are addressing the most recent issue.

I don’t know what you’re talking about when you say you’re going to delete my previous “posts.” I’ve only posted one other time and I posted again because I felt like I had posted in the wrong area and wasn’t sure if you’d see it. So, I’m a little confused by the plural… Please be patient with me while I learn my way around your website and products.

1) The form builder area goes blank and all elements are missing
    2) Creating a form
    3) Off
    4) Yes. Working on one now.

Thanks for the response.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience and helping us to troubleshoot the issue. Can you share a few more details by stepping us through your experience?

1) What happens after you create a new form, are you able to save it?
    2) Can you edit any forms?
    3) What do you mean by working on a new one? Is there a particular event that causes the interface to be blank?
    4) Can you see any errors while editing the form?

___
    BePro Software Team

ilikelocal

Thanks for the reply. I’ll shoot a screen cast of my next effort.

ilikelocal

Ok, the other day I could not get it to stop going blank and now I cannot get it to go blank.

The only thing I can think of is the characters I was putting in the label. For instance here’s a sample of what I’m talking about.

Label = Garage Sale Title Example: “Huge 3 family garage sale!”
    Field Name = gs_title

Could the : ” and the ! have caused the problem?

In this latest test I put the example in the heading above the field.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by ilikelocal.
    ilikelocal

Also, I’m not sure whether I should start another thread or not but here’s another problem I’m having.

The DATE field starts out at “January 1970” I know that I can click and delete the default date 0f 1970 then click in the field again to get the current month, but I’m concerned that the visitor/user of the form won’t know to do that.

I saw this post https://www.beprosoftware.com/forums/topic/calendar-date/#post-5496 but I don’t see that it’s been corrected. Please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

Special characters could cause an issue. If you find a character or combination of characters which cause the blank screen, let us know so that we can fix it

Yes, please create another post. BePro Listings and the Form Builder addon have various date related components. When creating a new post, specify exactly what feature you are referring to and where it is (admin, profile, form, etc).

___
    BePro Software Team

thierry

Hello,

I have the same problem, the form builder goes blank and all elements are lost. I have been avoiding all special characters and still the problem goes on. Please advise.

T

Hi,

If you can share an example of what you have entered that’s making it go blank, we would be happy to release a fix quickly. If you are unsure, share a link to a page where you use that form and can see the fields.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

thierry

Hi,

So I made some tests and the culprit seems to be the “Heading” field, specifically when I separate sentences by pressing “enter” to drop down a line and start a new sentence within the heading. I save changes and then move on to other pages but when I come back to edit the form, it’s blank.

Not the end of the world if I cannot separate my sentences that way within the heading but along with not being able to use special characters (I’m writing in french and french is full of special characters), I am starting to think the plugin is not so great.

T

thierry

Hi again,

Just to be precise, the form builder goes blank but the form itself still appears on the page I put the shortcode on.

Hi,

Is the issue the enter button or french characters?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

thierry

The issue seems to be the enter button, I am no longer using any french characters.

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification and your communication. We will address the issue with the enter button within 48hrs.

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.