Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    nanettedp

I did the update as suggested….the latest version is installed – Version: 2.2.0001.
    I will remove everything again. This is the 3rd time and reinstall again.

nanettedp

I removed all plugins, also removed my custom theme and used a WP standard theme. Then reinstalled all the pro listing plugins. On some of the listings everything looks perfect and unfortunately on some the slash issue remains. I see that if I use ‘n then all is fine, but if I use ’n it causes a slash issue.
    The problem is that I will not be able to determine if the users will use the correct apostrophe…therefore need to sort both out… I am also not 100% sure that the problem is not due to my local keyboard as I have an Afrikaans spell-checker installed.
    Can I ask you to test from your side by posting a test listing on my site, the same text as what I did to test and then, I can determine if the slash issue is because of my on device.
    Please do me a favor and submit a listing on my site at http://guardtheirheart.co.za/submit-a-book/
    You can call the listing what ever you like, I suggest something like “BePro test listing”. Then under the description, please copy the text under the image from this website:
    http://www.fanieviljoen.co.za/slym.html – when I copy this text then I get the slash issue. So if you don’t get it then I will know the issue is not an issue 🙂

Thanks for your patience in this regards.

Hi.

Here is the test listing.

http://guardtheirheart.co.za/listings/bepro-test-listing/

Note that listings submitted via the frontend, will have these slashes when viewed via the admin. That’s because these submissions have to be screened for attacks. The slashes do not show up on the frontend as showcased in the demo link above. If the same text is submitted via the admin, it won’t have this issue because it goes through different checks

___
    BePro Software Team

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    same problem here.
    If you submit a listing (from the frontend) with a title that has apostrophes and a text with some words that have apostrophes and you save, then the title will show slashes while the text won’t.

Then you edit the listing and you add some words with apostrophes and you save. The latest words will not have slashes while the previous words will have. The more you edit a listing the more slashes are added.

Example: If you write l’aube it will show as it is. If you edit and save it will show l’\aube, if you edit again and save it will become l’\\\aube and so on. I am talking about the final result which will be seen by the visitors. It is a headache.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I made a screenshot to be more concrete. I have edited three times from the front-end.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by .

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Supporting multiple languages is important to us.

The point of the slashes is to prevent your installation from being hacked. With that said, our dev team has been notified and they will take another look at ways we can prevent the end user from seeing the slashes.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.