Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    nanettedp

Good day,

I am using Bpro listing on my site. I also bought Sweetdate theme as it will be a social site to meet friends in your area that is compatible with buddypress and does profile matching…. but it seems that the bepro listings do not display correctly in the sweetdate theme. The picture thumbnail covers the description of the listing. I tested with twenty fifteen and it looks better than in sweet date. I spent a lot of money to buy the theme and also form builder, so need to get them to work together. It might not be a lot of money in dollors but it is alot in ZAR due to the exchange rate….

The other problem is that the apostrophe sign make a slash in the listing, to give an example: if I say ‘there’s a cat in the bag’ then the listing would display as ‘there’/s a cat in the bag’ if I use a quotation mark sit will use double slash signs i.e //’’ How can this be fixed. This problem is also there when I use a different theme so it is not theme related.

Hi,

Thanks for notifying us about the slashes. They are implemented to defend against malicious submissions. Our team will release a fix in the next version of BePro Listings

Unfortunately, the css in a 3rd party theme is not something we can control. You will need to hire a developer to create custom css. If you would like a quote from our team, let us know
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Is there any news in fixing the slash issue or a date on the release of the next version?

Hi,

That issue should have been released in version 2.2 which is already released

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Arrgggghhhh! Feeling frustrated 🙁
    I checked the version and it was 2.2, but still had the issue with the slashes, so decided to delete everything and reinstall bePro and all addons… and now I am getting a “Issue saving your listing. Please contact the website administrator”
    I had the same issue the first time and someone logged into admin and fix the tables or something. Can someone please get me back up. Will mail an admin password.
    Thanks!

nanettedp

And to top it, the slash issue is still there. I can see the listing in the all listings page.
    Please assist. Thanks.

Hello,

The issue we have now fixed twice, is based on a conflict with your existing setup. The fix for this issue is outlined in the following documentation article. Since this issue is not caused by BePro Listings, we cannot fix this for free in the future

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-status/

The slash issue was fixed in 2.2.0 for front end users. I’m assuming you are making your observations based on the admin. This will be addressed in the next version of the plugin scheduled for release in the next 48 hours

One thing to note is that our developers encountered major issues with your server. For one, the website timed our for 10 minutes during out troubleshooting. This was only one of the issues encountered. Your setup does not seem ideal for running BePro Software solutions and we anticipate you will encounter issues with other plugins. Good luck
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

I only had time to test today… yes the issue regarding the submission of the listing is fixed now, thanks, but unfortunately the slash problem remains. I mailed a screenshot of the front end.

Here is an example of the front end of one book listing

Slym, \\\’n slymerige wurm, word deur \\\’n voël gevang. Slym skrik so groot dat hy \\\’n bol vrotterige slym in die voël se bek skiet. Die voël skrik op sy beurt weer so groot dat hy vir Slym laat val by \\\’n skool vir paddas.

Everytime a apostrophe is used it ads a back-slash. In Admin it is one, when removed from pending to published it changes to 3.

Hi,

Try version 2.2.0001 which was released today
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Thanks, will do. Is there specific installation instruction that I should follow?

Hi,

Nothing unusual about this upgrade. Simply click the upgrade button via your plugin admin page
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

I have upgraded as suggested and I still have the same issue:

Since 1992, Chapman\’s bestselling book \”The Five Love Languages\” has helped millions of couples develop stronger, more fulfilling relationships by teaching them to speak each others\’ love language. Now parents can discover their child\’s primary language and learn what they can do to effectively convey unconditional feelings of respect, affection, and commitment.

Hi,

Does the problem happen when using a normal post/page?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

No, everything looks perfect with a normal page… the apostrophe issue is only when using a BePro listing

Hi,

We just performed a test on beprothemes.com and was not able to replicate the issue. I suggest confirming that you have the newest version of the plugin installed and re-installing if necessary. I can confirm that no filtering is being done on admin submitted content by BePro Listings.

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.