Tagged: address

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kino
    Participant

sometime, with full-filled address, not returning any Lat/Lon…

and sometime, maybe few days later, new listing with same address, may return with lat/lon.

sometime work, sometime, not work, when it’s not work, not even the search form, with address filter.

Hello,

That sounds like it may be a server related error. Try changing the “Query Type” option in BePro Listings->Options and the Map tab. Let us know if that option improves the situation

___
    BePro Software Team

Kino
    Participant

I switched between those two option of query type, no lat/lon generated..; (

Kino
    Participant

And today, it works again…. what do you think the problem is? please…

Hi,

At this point we can only guess that it has something to do with your server. Do you have shared hosting? How fast does your website load when using a speed testing tool like the following?

http://www.webpagetest.org

BePro Listings gets the lat/lon info from maps.google.com. It sends the address you entered and receives the lat/lon which google translates. Whatever is going wrong, is happening during that communication process.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Kino
    Participant

Shared hosting, i consider to move to faster one only after i have tested all everything works fine…

i have tested the speed, it is slow…

So, it’s because the server?

Hi,

That’s our best guess. Since the lat/lon coordinates are retrieved in some test cases, it suggests that the code is communicating with google correctly. This assertion is also confirmed by your test case using the same address

We have experienced intermittent lat/lon retrieval with slow client servers in the past. Because we are communicating with a third party application, your server must respond relatively quickly
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Kino
    Participant

no resolutions? i have geo my wordpress, and events manager, both never had this kinda problem… it should not all due to server problem… i guess…

Kino
    Participant

solution…

Kino
    Participant

have been testing this plugin for a long time on my demo sites, but because having this problem, make me hesitate to purchase add-ons, and recommend to some sites i have assist with… ; (

Hi,

That’s unfortunate. However we understand that the plugin may not work for everyone. This is especially true when it comes to servers and 3rd party software that we do not control. In fact, we are very upfront that we recommend testing the plugin extensively before purchasing any addons. For example, we mention this in our purchasing tips

https://www.beprosoftware.com/purchasing-tips/

If you have access to different hosting providers, we suggest testing the plugin on a different server. You could also try setting it up on your localhost (your computer). While searching other forum posts, you can confirm that any lat/lon issues are usually fixed with the recommendations we have already offered. As we are not experiencing the issue on our end, there is nothing more we can suggest.

Good luck with your search for an alternative.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.