Tagged: lat lon, map

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kino
    Participant

upgrade to the newest version, now new listing not showing on map any more, on the backend, lat/lon status shows not on…? what happened?

please help.

Hello,

We recently tested and could not replicate this issue. Can you help us, to help you, by answering a few questions?

– How long have you been using BePro Listings?
    – What version are you currently using?
    – Is the “Show Geography” option selected in the admin?
    – Are other Geo features working? e.g. the maps
    – What happens when you enter an address that has worked in the past?
    – How many times has this issue occurred (estimate)
    – Which form was used to create the listing, shortcode, my account or buddypress?

The stability of BePro Listings is very important to us. If there is an issue with this feature we will fix it.

___
    BePro Software Team

Kino
    Participant

the version was, 2.1.90

have Geo my wordpress.

having a same site with same plugins , but the bepro listing plugin works just fine. (map option: curl.)

“Show Geography” option is selected.

on front end post form, filled everything, and posted. checked on back end listings, the lat/lon status shows “no”.

============

another question, about search filter widget, there’s distance selector, but the distance based on what location? the plugin doesn’t seemed to ask to use web browser location, or any field to enter a location….

i don’t get that…

Hi,

Is this occurring with addresses that have worked in the past?

BePro Listings features an address search feature. When used, the distance is applied

___
    BePro Software Team

Kino
    Participant

“BePro Listings features an address search feature. When used, the distance is applied” …

I still don’t get it…

the shortcode of search filter, doesn’t generate any field to input a address something…

just a distance selector, still don’t know distance from where…

Hello,

Try using the “all in one” shortcode to reveal the search feature. Its explained, on the plugin’s page, in the shortcode builder and on the documentation page. That shortcode will display the search and address features. Also, you can view our demo website to see the feature

http://www.beprothemes.com

___
    BePro Software Team

Kino
    Participant

i think i just got that. i kinda understand how it work.

but just another question, why sometime the listing will full-filled address, not return any lat/lon, it’s because calling google api too frequently ?

on version, 2.1.88….

Hi,

You can try changing the “Query Type” option under the BePro listings->Options page and the map tab. Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Its unlikely that google is restricting you for excessive use. If they were, according to their documentation, they would contact you and ask you to pay for the service.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

Also confirm that you have the “Use Google Map Api?” option selected in the admin and you are using the latest version of BePro listings which is currently 2.1.91

___
    BePro Software Team

Kino
    Participant

i am not very good about this, so i have a question,
    what’s different between curl & file_get_content for the query type?
    and what’s different of checking “use google map api” or not…

Hello,

1) The query types are php functions. Availability depends on your server setup. If one does not work, then try the other one.

2) If you have no idea what the “google map api” is, then you should leave it selected (on). In short, it facilitates map features.

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.