Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nocholas
    Participant

I am having an issue with the map marker system;

If on 2 listings, the location information is equal (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), the map marker will display a circle with a 2, indicating 2 lists at this location regardless of how far zoomed in I am (expectedly). If, on the page, I have the listing option turned off (map and search only), there is no way to access these lists as the end-user.

Also, if I turn on ‘pop_up’ while these two lists are active, ‘pop-up’ will not work, and it will render the map function useless until turned off. Furthermore, by initiating ‘pop-up’ even once in these conditions, turning off ‘pop-up’, and deleting the overlapping list, ‘pop-up’ is, from then on, corrupt and will render the map useless as long as it’s on (I’m sure this has something to do with the php data table).

Could you possibly add in some code that says if the location information is equal, then to place the map marker (X) distance latitude and/or longitude away from current marker, so much so that they are not overlapping, but still close?

This would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Nocholas

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by nocholas.

Hello Nocholas,

The short answer is no, this cannot be added as a core feature. However, if you need this as a custom feature, we can provide a quote.

The longer answer revolves around making a plugin that works for the majority. What we anticipate, is that the majority of consumers will either

A) Place all information pertinent to a location, in one listing
    B) Use a different location

To move a marker in a random direction would annoy and confuse most visitors. We have no idea which direction to move it or what locations are close by. Most importantly, we do not in any way, try to alter the information you entered.

The aspect where the popup no longer works is puzzling and probably related to something else altogether. If you are interested in having us investigate this particular issue, we would be happy to do it for free. Simply email an administrator user/pass to [email protected]

We always appreciate suggestions and requests. Many of our core (FREE) and addon (PAID) features are the result of requests. Unfortunately, this one does not seem like it would benefit the majority. We could be wrong, so lets see if anyone else comments on this post with a similar request.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nocholas
    Participant

If this is the case, then should we (as the admin) not have the ability to make each individual piece of information in the ‘LOCATION INFORMATION’ section required so that our end-users don’t break our listing site?

For example, I will need my users to input all of their information with no omissions so that the map system works in all cases (except if two users have the exact same address).

Please bear in mind that my project is more of a local base, so many of my users will be from the same cities. Again, since this is the case, I will have to have them input more accurate information.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by nocholas.
    nocholas
    Participant

For anyone interested in making sure that the input fields within LOCATION INFORMATION are required by the user, in the file named bepro_listings_form_builder.php, around lines 765-774, within ‘function get_bepro_listings_form_address’,

At the end of each <span> you want required, add the word ‘required’

Example: go from
    <span class="form_label">'.__($label->city, "bepro-listings").'</span><input type="text" name="city" value="'.$item->city.'">

To

<span class="form_label">'.__($label->city, "bepro-listings").'</span><input type="text" name="city" value="'.$item->city.'" required>

nocholas
    Participant

The above modification would make it so that the input for a city is required by the user.

I should have clarified, but thought that it was obvious.

Hi nocholas,

That’s one way to approach things. However, we recommend using the Form Builder to individually create the fields and make them required. Instead of dragging the whole location field over, you would create the address, city, etc as individual fields.

A free way for developers to do this safely, would be to override and replace the form template with your own. This is possible via wordpress action hooks. You could then implement any custom form requirements, without editing the core plugin files. You don’t want to loose your hard work anytime someone upgrades the plugin. You can get an introduction to wordpress hooks here

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Hooks

An interesting fact to consider, is that the form builder overrides the stock form and recreates it dynamically. So, you can definitely do the same thing with custom code.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.