Tagged: comments, disqus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    coscooper
    Participant

I would like to support Disqus comments. Currently, BePro Listings is showing the default WP comments and not respecting Disqus. If a user tries to submit a comment, it just displays an error to the user saying comments is disabled because Disqus is installed.

Please advise on how to either support Disqus or disable comments within BePro Listings.

Hi,

Yes, its important that BePro Listings supports disqus comments.

Can you confirm that the issues persist when using one of the stock wordpress themes e.g. twentytwelve, twentythirteen, etc? Also, can you deactivate all other plugins except disqus and those made by BePro Software, so we are sure there are no external conflicts?

___
    BePro Software Team

coscooper
    Participant

I just went through and disabled all other plug-ins except disqus and bepro plug-ins, set the theme to twentytwelve, twentythirteen and twentyfourteen… same behavior. Disqus is presented in all other blog entries and pages. Within any of the listings, it persist in displaying the default WP comments forms in this light weight state.

Can see site at: http://www.bourbonwhiskeyhq.com – select Listings or Reviews to see behavior.

This site is semi-active, in that it’s live, but not crawled by Google and does not have active users. I can provide temporary admin access for quick review. The intended site will go live in early Feb. So, have time to get this corrected if possible.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps. Whats supposed to happen, is that BePro Listings implements the comment template from your theme, which is then overridden by disqus like on your other pages. Hopefully we can figure out why its not overriding comments on the BePro Listings pages.

Yes, please share an administrator user/pass via [email protected]. One of our developers will take a look and update this post with an action plan.

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.