Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BlueTapp
    Participant

Is there any way to decrease the default zoom level of the Google Map that pops up on the detail pages when you click the “view map” link?

Unfortunately, no there is no way to do that currently 🙁

I’ll request that this topic be move to the requests section. My guess is that you can anticipate seeing it in a future version of the plugin.

ericb
    Participant

I’d love to see this option too, the map starts zoomed way too far out.
    Thanks

jambojam

yep I’m having this problem too… I saw in my version that under the map tab in bepro listing options you have map zoom 0-19 as option, I’ve tried using this and it’s made new difference to the default zoom on my google map. Is this something that’s being sorted out?

Hi,

Thanks for alerting everyone that we implemented this feature.

The map is designed to automatically show all search result listings. It will zoom out enough to show all of the markers. For locations around the globe, this means the map must be zoomed out very far

As your search results decrease, you will see that map zoom setting take effect. So far a single listing, it will use the setting you implemented. In short, it depends on the proximity of search results

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok, but right now I’ve got only one search result loaded onto my site for testing and no matter whether I start with the zoom setting at 0 or 19, the zoom is still at the same level (very zoomed out). Are you saying that I should upload a few more listings in the area in order to zoom in?

Hi,

It should use your setting when there is only one listing. Does the zoom setting work for the map on the detail page for the listing?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

It should use your setting when there is only one listing. Does the zoom setting work for the map on the detail page for the listing?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

it’s the detail page that I’m using rather than having the map implemented anywhere else on the site right now.

jambojam

Ok so I’ve called a map onto one of my pages and the preset zoom option works on that just fine. It’s the listing detail page where the map doesn’t seem to change when you alter the zoom options. Also I’ve noticed something rather strange, when I use the search filter to select the listings by location… it works absolutely fine when I search by city, but if I search by country then the listing appears in the search list, but no marker is placed on the map.

Hi,

The map should use the same database query as the search results. We will investigate this issue and update this post when a solution is found.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

hazelstreet

Just adding my name on this list — having the same issues as jambojam, where the maps on my details listings pages don’t respond to the zoom options. Would love to be alerted when a solution is found! Thanks much.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by hazelstreet.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.