Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    newoldmedia
    Participant

I just purchased and installed BePro Listings Contact add-on. It doesn’t appear to do anything.

After installing and activating the plugin, there is a new “AddOns” option on the BePro Listings dashboard menu, but it links to a blank screen:

http://monosnap.com/image/M7iw5XeLLbflLIyQx53ITAUk9u1hPh

Same results in Chrome and Safari with no browser extensions enabled.

I thought it might be a theme conflict, so I switched themes to twentyfourteen. Same result on the back end — but with the added problem that twentyfourteen breaks BePro’s listings CSS on the front end.

Besides the empty options page on the dashboard, there is no visible change to the listings on the front end after installing the add on. Where is the contact form? What did I just spend $5 on? I’m pretty disappointed to have this experience straight out of the box.

Hello,

I can appreciate your frustration. There is a new version of the plugin available in your My Accounts pages. Please confirm if it works for you or not?

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

newoldmedia
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt response. I’m very impressed by that.

Unfortunately I’m still having the same problem with the new version of the plugin. The message “Jquery is loading… Please wait” appears briefly before being replaced by the blank screen I linked to in the screenshot above.

I should mention that I’m running WP 3.8 and the latest available version of the BePro Listings plugin from the wordpress.org repo.

Hi,

Thanks for the extra details.

We just tested “BePro Listings Contact” with nothing else installed and its operating correctly. My assumption now is that there is an issue with how the plugin was installed. The exact same result is impossible because of the changes we made. Please try the following instructions

delete the plugin completely via the wordpress plugin interface
        Download the new plugin from your “My Account” page
        Unzip the file on your computer
        Upload the unzipped file to your server’s plugin folder via ftp
        Install the plugin via the wordpress admin interface

Depending on how your server unzipped the files, its possible the folder hierarchy was messed up. This is not the plugin, zip file, or server’s fault. The plugin simply needs to be uploaded via ftp. Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

newoldmedia
    Participant

FTP plugin upload is not optimal because I’m managing wordpress and plugins across development, staging and production using git.

Nevertheless, I did as you suggested — deleted the plugin, installed via FTP — and had the exact same problem.

Maybe the issue has to do with whatever you’re using to create the zip files? I’ve never had this problem before.

I created the folder hierarchy manually based on the file names in the plugin, and now the plugin works as expected.

There is another issue, however: Using the AddOns dashboard menu sometimes returns a “form save error.”

http://monosnap.com/image/wWp8bTNf8JwwE8A2nHbyReX3EQBzLI

It does this with both add ons I have installed. The good news is, it only seems to happen when you hit the Save Settings button without changing any data in the fields. When you actually change a setting and hit save, it works as expected:

http://monosnap.com/image/QiMpTJToLULdbp8s3EcmVInhFiJQQ8

Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks for relaying these details. This is the only way we can improve the plugin, addons, and themes.

We have seen the zip file issue before and our team is investigating. While we work on a solution, a note can be seen in red, at the top of the “My Account” page alerting all users to this fact before download. Ultimately, its good to hear you were able to replicate the correct folder hierarchy. Please continue to install all of our themes, addons and plugins using the same procedure.

Regarding the addon save feature, we are aware of this issue. Thanks again for confirming that it works. Actually, the error message is caused because the existing value is being re-saved (blank or otherwise). We are working on ways to better convey the actual error to the user.

Always great to hear we were able to address all issues and the plugins work for you. You can anticipate continued updates, so check back for plugin/theme/addon revisions. Many allow free downloads for months or a fixed download limit (usually more than one).

We appreciate your patience. Don’t hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything else.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

For all interested in this issue, we have figured out a solution. You should now be able to install all of our plugins/themes via the admin upload feature

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.