Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    jambojam

I’m having a few issues with search too, on my second site… the basic search seems to do just fine when it comes to name searches, but location search doesn’t seem to be working. No matter where the listing is located, it will not pull it through to the search results.
    Also I’m having a few issues with the upload of data. Entering addresses does not seem to be automatically generating a lat/lon position for searching. I’m having to go in and enter that manually now which is not good at all.

Regards

James

jambojam

Actually to be more specific, after entering an address through the front end from. I’ve checked the wp admin screen and noticed that the postcodes are not being captured but the rest of the address is.

Hello,

Your issue is unrelated to the original poster so we split your messages into a new topic.

1) What version of BePro Listings are you using?
    2) Are you using the Form Builder addon?
    3) Are there any errors on the BePro Listings->BPL Status page?
    4) Confirm you have deactivated all plugins not created by the BePro Software Team and you are using any of the stock wordpress themes during testing

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Ok, changed to twenty fifteen to test this. Using version 2.2.0010 of bepro listings, version 1.0.402 of form builder, Version 1.0.07 of bookings. Deactivated all other plugins.

Database Tables OK
    File Path bepro-listings/bepro_listings.php
    Google API OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
    Result Templates OK
    PHP
    CURL OK
    File Get Contents OK
    Memory Limit 256M
    Max Upload Size 100M
    PHP Time Limit 60
    ASP Tags OFF
    SERVER
    Type Apache
    IP Address 10.168.1.113
    Protocol HTTP

So the only error I can see is that the google API is over the query limit, could that be causing these issues?
    Obviously still testing it by uploading more data and getting the same result… search is not working and any data I upload will not generate Lat/Lon information from postcodes and postcodes are not captured and stored on wordpress.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing these details. Yes, the over query limit is specifically what’s causing the issue. This is explained in our troubleshooting tips under lat/lon issues. In short, there is nothing wrong with the plugins. As you noted, this issue is isolated to your “second site”

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/troubleshooting-bepro-listings/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Ok no problem,

I’m contacting my host to see if there’s anything that can be done. Is this something you have to deal with bepro regularly? It may sound like a very cheeky idea, but have you considered adding the option of proxy settings as an option for the google api?

Regards

Jam

jambojam

Actually I’m looking at the terms of use for google and you can still get an api key from them so they recognise you as an individual in these shared hosting environments. They won’t charge unless you exceed the 25,000 requests per day limit (never gonna get close to that) and all you need is to chuck in a bit of JS when you first load the Google Maps JS Api

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY”></script>

jambojam

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately we have had users blame BePro Listings for several types of server specific issues. This particular issue is popular with all google map solutions. This is specifically why we added it as one of the errors we check for. The server industry has fooled users into believing that there are no limitations to $10/Mo shared hosting.

Your solution to the issue is very interesting and definitely appreciated. However, we do not believe its the job of BePro Listings to solve server level problems. We believe users should manage this issue on their own, preferably by upgrading their server

We have also created a documentation article which specifically addresses our server recommendations for best results while using BePro Listings.

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-requirements/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Yeah, Think you must’ve commented just after I had a look at the google terms of service for their api and creating your own specific api key. I think that to me looks like the most sensible of options. Yes you’ll have to track the usage on your site and if you are getting more than 25,000 map requests per day then you’re going to be billed (I’d love it if my sites were that popular lol!) but going through that process with google to generate your own key would solve all those issues on shared hosting!

Hi,

We are excited to offer a keyless solution. With that said, we will investigate the utilization of keys for the v3 api which we are using

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

If you could then that would be great, I think the facility to choose between the two and to be able to advise users to create their own Keys if they are having this issue then that would be great.

Ultimately if a user had an incredibly successful site, then they would perhaps reach these request limits and need a solution with an api key regardless of their server infrastructure.

very good point. We want to guarantee that our users have the best platform for success. To us success would including exceeding the google limits 🙂

We can see how easy it is to implement. Its simply a matter of our development team figuring out how best to expose the option to users and finding time to do it. We are currently backlogged in releasing a few features and fixing a few issues.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

well, on another thread I’m exploring the idea of paying for some wordpress development time to add some extra functionality to the bookings plugin (which is the same site I’m having this issue with). I should have an approval to pay for that in the next week or two, maybe I can push a little more development time towards this too.

Jam

jambojam

Hi there,

I’m just checking in to see if there has been any movement from your developers here, if you can see any way to expose the option to users for using a google maps api key. I understand that there are probably a lot of other issues which are demanding attention at the moment, but if you could give me any update then that would be great.

Kind Regards

James

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.