Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    STEVE
    Participant

Hi I have discovered a problem with the pagination of the listings. I am using the following code to display my listings.
    [display_listings type="2" order_dir="2" show_paging="1"]

According to this code my listings should be ordered by Descending Date. And they are, however when you click the next page number the listings are now showed in the reverse order (Ascending). In case you need to know, I do have Ajax turned on.

Can you fix this?

You can see for yourself here.
    http://nextstar.net/starbase/

Thanks.

Hi,

We will investigate this issue and update this post with any findings

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hello,

The pagination issue has been fixed in the latest version of the plugin 2.1.35.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

I installed the update and tested this. The default “Descending Date” sort order I indicated in the shortcode now remains consistent when clicking through to the multiple pages. No matter what page number I click on the sort order stays as it should. However this is only for the default set of results that you first see when visiting the page I have the [display_listings type="2" order_dir="2" show_paging="1"] on. When you search or filter these results the pagination still has problems.

For example, if I click one of the category links I’m presented with all of the listing for that category sorted by Descending Date. But when I click through the pages I see listing that don’t belong in the selected category at all. Visit this link and you will see what I’m talking about. http://nextstar.net/starbase/?filter_search=1&l_type=10

Another example, if you search for a location and are presented with multiple pages of results, when you click through to the other pages you will see that locations you didn’t search for are included. And I’m talking about the new Search Addon feature of exact location matches. For example, go to the page at the link below and do a location search for “US”. Notice at first you will see there are two pages of listings, but when you click page “2” there is now a third page. If you click back to the first page you will see a listing from “Dominican Republic” is now mixed in with what should be only “US” listings as per the search. Go here and try it for yourself. http://nextstar.net/starbase/

I hope these details of the current problems will help you fix them.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for this error report. We will track down and fix these pagination issues.

Someone will update this post when we release the next plugin upgrade

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

Hi,

Just checking to see if you made any progress on finding a fix to the problem I detailed above in post #2399. I have since then made my implementation of BePro Listings unavailable to non-registered users of my site as I continue with the development of my site. If you would like an account to go in and have a look at the examples I mentioned, just let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

A fix is scheduled for release with the next upgrade. The next upgrade is scheduled for monday.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks. Looking forward to this!

Unfortunately, your website is no longer available to the public. We were not able to observe these issues in our installations.

There are currently no updates regarding paging scheduled. If you would like us to investigate further, you can update this post when your website is public

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Ok,

It seems that there may have been an issue in cases where the filter search feature is not used. I believe your setup did not use it. The newest version of the plugin 2.1.36 addresses this issue. Let us know if you continue to have issues

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

As I mentioned in my above post #2452, the BePro Listings implementation on my site is no longer public. However I can create an account for you. I will be doing so now and sending the log in info to your support team email address.

STEVE
    Participant

I installed the update and the problems detailed in post #2399 above still exist.

I am going to create an account for you to log into my site to see the examples now.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. The issue should now be fixed in the latest version released today 2.1.37. Let us know if this fixed the search paging issue.

___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I installed the update and tested it. Of the 2 problems listed in post #2399 above, the second problem mentioned has been fixed but the first problem mentioned still exists. For example, go to the link below. This link produces the results of the link for the “Models” category. You will notice that there are 2 pages of results. When you click on the link to go to page “2”, notice how there is now a third page link that was not there before. If you click the page “3” link you will see that there is an “Actor” listing on page 3. This “Actor” listing is NOT also associated with the “Model” category.

Here is the link http://nextstar.net/starbase/?filter_search=1&l_type=10

Let know if you need any more information. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by STEVE.

Hello,

We just released a new version of the plugin 2.1.38. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.