Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    STEVE
    Participant

Seems to be working as you said it would with one exception (mentioned last).

To get the State search to retrieve ALL and ONLY listing in any one state the user MUST type in the State EXACTLY as I did in the listing Geographical Details. For Example, a search for California will find nothing, while a search for CA will find ALL listings for that State and only that State. This is not really a big deal as I can simply place a line of instructions above the search form explaining to only search for States using the two character State code. But this illustrates how a way to include a hyperlink with a predetermined search associated with it would be a big help. I could just have links to the State searches. But no biggie, I will do with out it for now.

A search for City works perfect. A search for Zipcode works perfect.

The Country search seems to work exactly like the State search, meaning the search must match what I typed in the listing Geographical Details in order to find the results. For example, I have one listing in the Dominican Republic. Now with the new Search add-on installed I can only find that listing if a search of the full country name “Dominican Republic” is typed. I can no longer find it, by DO, or DR. Which is also not a big deal, as I can instruct users. The search for all listings in the United States works, but must be searched using “US” as that is how I input all United States listing’s country.
    Now here is the exception I mentioned above. The problem is for some reason this US search is also finding the listing in the Dominican Republic and including that among the results.

Can you fix this?

Hi,

Thanks for your support. If the addon does not do what you outlined, let us know. All available documentation is available here

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-search/

There are currently no admin configuration options for the search addon. You should however notice a different in your search experience right away.

Also note that you are eligible for free upgrades of this plugin for a year.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

As I mentioned in my previous post, the problem is for some reason the US search is also finding the listing in the Dominican Republic and including that among the US results.

And I did also ask “Can you fix this?”

However I had a idea to try to increase the number of search results to 20 to see all the results on one page instead of multiple pages and only US results were shown. What I learned is that the reason the Dominican Republic result was showing among the US results is because when you click the “2” to go to the next page, the search results would revert back to all listings. This is obviously related to the pagination issue I discovered and mentioned in this other post at http://www.beprosoftware.com/forums/topic/problem-with-the-pagination-of-the-listings/.

I’m switching the number of results back to a smaller number than 20 which is my preference. Can you please get that pagination issue resolved?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for alerting us to this pagination issue. Our team is working on a solution and we will update this post when its fixed

We also appreciate your feedback on the search addon. You can anticipate seeing your suggestions incorporated into upcoming upgrades.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hello,

The pagination issue has been fixed in the latest versrion of the plugin 2.1.35. However, i doubt it will fix the issues mentioned in your most recent post.

If the issue does persist after upgrading, setup the scenario so that our team can test it.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

I have installed the update and I tested it. I provide a full account of my test findings over at this post. http://www.beprosoftware.com/forums/topic/problem-with-the-pagination-of-the-listings/#post-2399

But just a heads up, you were right, the update didn’t fix all the issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.