Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hypnozen
    Participant

Ok, i am actively looking to buy a plugin that will work for my projetct.
    I want a business directory with rating and possibly claim feature. And i want a classified section on the site.

The top 3 are you, business directory plugin and connections.

I got the feeling that your company is dynamic and wants to grow so im hoping we can make this work.

I am using a premium Thesis 2.1 theme for my site and will continue to use it. However, when i activate you plugin, the background changes color, the space above the header dissapears. and probably more stuff that i did not even yet notice notice.

I tried activating deactivating all other plugins, no change.

This is on a dummy site. but will mostly be the same on the main site.

Also, im not tu sure about the missing templates that i must add to get this to work.

So basicly, any help would be appreciated.

Sory for mistakes in english, im french canadian speaking.

hypnozen
    Participant

Hi,

BePro Software is owned and operated by Beyond Programs Ltd (a canadian company). Hopefully we can find a solution to these issues and get you setup on the BePro Lisitngs platform. Here are a few things to note

– We released our payment feature within the last 30 days. The claim listing addon is currently in the testing stage and will be released in approximately a week

– The BePro Lisitngs css is designed to be easily overwritten. We cannot possibly guarantee that on activation there will be no conflicts. However, we would be happy to take a look for free to see if there is a way we can easily make BePro listings more compatible with your setup.

– The template file issue will need to be fixed with the other directory plugins you mentioned. Any plugin which generates a page from a custom post type will have this issue. The only difference is that we are upfront about it and prompt you to fix it. An example of where it would be useful is here http://www.dominiclamoureux.com/listings/un-magasin-dalibaba/

With all that said, if interested, please forward an administrator login/pass to [email protected]. One of our developers will login and examine the issues you noted. We will then update this post with our finds

___
    BePro Software Team

hypnozen
    Participant

From Thesis forums :

Basically, what appears to be happening here is that the plugin is applying a default template which (at a minimum) is calling the WordPress functions get_header() and get_footer(). These functions look for files named header.php and footer.php (respectively) in the theme folder.

However, Thesis does not utilize these two files in its templating system, so they don’t exist in its theme folder; and when the files don’t exist, those WP functions will load default versions from the /wp-includes/theme-compat/ folder instead.

If you pull up that post for editing, and can see a “Thesis Skin Custom Template” box available on that screen, then you might be able to create a Custom Template which can be assigned to that Post (and others like it); and then use hooks and custom PHP functions to add the plugin-specific function calls to that template.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

Let me preface this response with noting that, woocommerce, buddypress and other top 10 plugins which generate front end pages, use get_header and get_footer. In fact, a quick google search shows that there are special integration plugins or child themes, to get these top 10 plugins to work with thesis. We understand that thesis is a popular theme; However, this special integration does not exist to our knowledge.

This further emphasizes the need for a custom template. In fact, our documentation video details the creation of a header-listings.php, sidebar-listings.php and potentially a footer-listings.php. If you are unable to create these, then it resorts to the default header.php, sidebar.php and footer.php. If none of these exist, you have reached the limitation of the plugin. This is where potentially a custom child theme may work well, as seen with the buddypress integration solution we found on google.

get_header and get_footer are only called on the front end. Every release of wordpress comes with themes like twentyeleven, twentytwelve, etc. Each of those themes use get_header and get_footer. In fact, the vast majority of themes compose of those files. If the thesis team have abandoned this approach then there is unfortunately no way for us to currently integrate. You would have to either pay a developer to create an integration solution or wait for someone to develop a special integration component.

For better understanding of why we use get_header and get_footer, please read this wordpress.org documentation. It details the use of header.php, footer.php and how typical themes use these. Ultimately, we use them, for the best chances of integrating with as many themes as possible

http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

hypnozen
    Participant

Ok, well thank you for your fast response. I will meditate on all this. Hope some day someone figures this out, because your project is most definitely interesting.

Hi,

The claim addon is now available

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-claim/

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.