Tagged: not showing, tags

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi,

No, there is currently no way for users to enter their own tags. You create and manage them via the admin. If interested in contributing to development and having us create front end tag submissions, contact our dev team at [email protected] for a quote

BePro Listings tags work exactly like wordpress tags. You could use them like categories. Just like you could use a page like a post. Its simply another method for referencing content. The usefulness comes from how the feature is utilized. With that said, tag clouds and the ability to have tags match your search text, are two examples of features offered by tags that are not offered with categories
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

is there still no way for users to input their own tags on the front end form generated by form builder?

i really just need a way for users to search bepro listings by content or comma separated value (tags) that can be input on the front-end – is there no way to do this?

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer this feature. However, we are always interested in hearing about your customer’s needs. Can you share some insight into your goals? Who would own the submitted tags, the user who created it? Or unlike everything else in the form, the tags would be owned by wordpress?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Thanks so much for getting back to me! Please note I’m using the BePro Listings Form Builder add-on and MTClassifieds theme.

I’ll clarify my intent. I want users to be able to search through a user-defined variety of front-end generated content within ads. Let’s take an example of a farmer trying to make one ad which contains all of their unique produce (e.g. apples, bananas, etc.). I want users to be able to search ads by individual piece of produce.

Users searching for food will enter “apples” in a search field, then identify the city and radius they want to buy apples from, to find the farmer’s ad.

The variety of filters i’d like to be available to users is too vague to be limited by categories/tags input on the back-end. These filters (e.g. “apples”) will be added by the user generating the post.

The best solution would be to have a BePro Listings Form Builder “searchable field” which could search a paragraph of text. Or, if the “name search” field also searched descriptions. However I understand that bepro listings doesn’t have any feature that can search a paragraph of text. I also understand this would be very data heavy, so having a separate field with simple ‘tags’ might make more sense.

I thought that the “tags” add-on would enable the functionality described in the farmer example above. Unfortunately since users can’t input their own tags this solution won’t work for the project.

Is there a feature which enables the functionality described in the farmer example above? If not, what kind of price/timeline would be incurred to add this functionality? Seeing as how it could be publicly available, could I pay some portion of the full development cost?

Do you know of any other users who have found a solution and might be willing to share their knowledge?

Thank you very much again!

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the clarification. This is a very realistic scenario. Our team is investigating a solution

___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Thank you! That is fantastic news.

I am very grateful for your help – how long do you think it will take to provide a resolution? I’m coordinating a few deliverables so any approximate timeline will be helpful.

Thanks again! 🙂

Hi,

Happy to hear that you made progress.

We currently, do not offer a method to enter tags from the front end. Yes, tags are similar to categories. Tags are another way that wordpress allows you to organize content.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.