Tagged: SQL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dcsenterprise
    Participant

Using WP Debug to track down an unrelated problem, I get this error for BePro Listings:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 2]
    SELECT count(*) as item_count FROM bent_bepro_listings as geo LEFT JOIN bent_posts as wp_posts on wp_posts.ID = geo.post_id WHERE wp_posts.post_status != ‘trash’ AND wp_posts.post_author =

I believe this is adding to the original problem with MyCred plugin.

Hi,

We do not advertise compatibility or support for MyCred. We offer BePro Points for gamification and guarantee it works with BePro Listings. With that said,

1) Do you have buddypress installed? If so, what version
    2) What version of BePro Listings are you using?

___
    BePro Software Team

dcsenterprise
    Participant

Thank you for your response.
    I’m using BP Version 2.2.2

The reason I was looking at MyCred instead of BePro Points and BePro Points Woocommerce is that BePro Points says it only integrates with:

BePro Points works with any wordpress installation. Simply install it and configure the options which your website and users need. Specify how many points to reward users for the following activities

Comments
    Registration

Since I’m using Buddypress there is a lot more activity I’d want to award points for. Since I use a couple of your plugins I’d happily go with your plugin if it can support BuddyPress activities. However the SQL error persists either way.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by dcsenterprise. Reason: To say thank you

Hi,

Those are very valid reasons to choose an alternative. As you noted, BePro Points is new and currently has limited integration options.

When visiting your buddypress profile, do you see a tab for BePro Listings? If so, does the tab also show the correct number of listings which you have created?

___
    BePro Software Team

dcsenterprise
    Participant

Yes, listings for each user who has submitted are showing in their profile correctly.

One caveat: It would be nice to see in the All Listigs (in the dashboard) to have a field for the author…

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion. We are always looking for ways to improve the end user experience.

We know which line of code is causing the error you are experiencing. However, there are a few things to note

– We have no idea why its causing an error on your end.
    – As part of troubleshooting, we suggest temporarily deactivating BePro Listings to confirm its actually the cause of your issues.

Ultimately, in the next release of BePro Listings, we will add a “fix” which will prevent the SQL query from executing in your case, where required SQL parameters seem unavailable.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

dcsenterprise
    Participant

Thanks much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.