Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    jambojam

Any update here at all? Have you sent this back to the developers to review now?

Hi,

Yes, this is back with our developers. We will update this thread as soon as we have a solution. Our apologies for the delay.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok, thanks

Hi Jam,

Since june 2016, api keys are now required

http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.ca/2016/06/building-for-scale-updates-to-google.html

We are using the api key on our demo site here

https://beprothemes.com/realestate/

What error are you experiencing? Are you sure that your site has been setup in google as authorized to use the key?

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

I am pretty sure that the site is authorized to use the Api Key. Let me explain what I have done to test the api key. I have downloaded an additional plugin called “Address Geocoder” for the website, in this plugin I have used the google api key to geocode zip/postcodes and it works with no problem at all. If there were a problem from the point of view of google or the api key then I would not be able to do this.

The problem I am experiencing comes when I try to add a new listing. Quite simply I fill in all the details, including correct address, save the listing and the listing does not appear on my map. When I check the listing from the wp-admin, I can see that no zip/postcode has been saved and the long/lat is blank. The only thing I can conclude here is that there is a problem when it comes to geocoding the address.

jambojam

Also, apologies for not detailing this sooner, I’ve been bogged down with work for the University

jambojam

Sorry one more thing to add, I’ve just checked BPL status and Google API says “request_denied”. But again, I’ve used this api key in a wordpress plugin called “address geocoder” so I don’t know why this request would be denied, as it is not currently being denied when using address geocoder.

Hi Jam,

Thanks for the extra details. Our dev team is investigating the geocoding.

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

have your dev team identified where this could possibly be falling down now?

jambojam

has there been any more progress here?

Hi Jam,

Our apologies for the delay. We hope to release an upgrade by saturday. This issue will be addressed in that release

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

so, this is about 3 weeks on and I don’t think there has been any new release. Have you got a revised date?

Hi,

We were not able to recreate the issues on our demo site. Can you share an admin login to your site so that we can examine further?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

I kept visiting the site and it appeared to be down. Are you still going and updating bepro listings then?

jambojam

If you’re back up and running, then I’d like to share an admin login with you so you can investigate

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.