Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jim

Hi,

I already implemented this last night. Took about an hour. It required a small change to the template (adding a doAction() hook) and also slightly modifying the function that displays the average rating. So just creating a custom template wouldn’t do the trick in this case.

It’s definitely not ideal having to hack your code, but I need to get this site up and running and can’t wait around. I would rather sacrifice future upgradability and get things working the way I want. To make upgrades easier I’ve created a patch that I can just apply to future upgrades. I’d be happy to send you the patch so your developers can review and implement in the base code if they like it.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hi Jim.

I definitely understand your situation. It happens sometimes. BePro Listings gets you so close sometimes that its tempting to make the remaining changes yourself.

Yes, please feel free to share code via github if you are comfortable with that method of contribution.

https://github.com/BeProSoftware/bepro-listings

You mentioned a filter change, that’s definitely something we would like to see. We want to make it as easy as possible to override our templates. Remember, your success is important to us. We will always try to accommodate your needs, especially when its a quick change. If we can help, feel free to continue reaching out as you have.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.