Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jim

I just installed a bunch of listings plugins:
    Updates
    Email
    Contact
    Form Builder
    Reviews

All seem to be working except the Reviews plugin. It shows as installed and activated. I see the average rating for each listing in Admin. Under BePro Listings->AddOns->Reviews I have “Logged Out Vote” checked. But when I go to a listing I see the new contact section, but no reviews or comments section.

Is there something else I need to do to enable reviews on my listings?

Thanks.

Jim

I figured out I had to turn comments on for each listing in order to get the reviews section to show up. But it’s only allowing comments. There’s not option to set a rating. Is there some other setting I need to enable ratings?

Thanks.

Hi,

The issue may be related to your theme. Does the issue persist with any of the stock wordpress themes (e.g. twentyfourteen, twentyfifteen, etc)?

___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

You are correct. I just tried one of the built in themes and the rating stars are showing up. If I do a view source with a default theme I see the blrws-field paragraph and each of the rating-star inputs, but with the 3rd party theme I don’t see this HTML in the page at all. Any idea where I should look to fix this so the ratings show up in my theme?

Thanks!

Hi,

We just released a new version of this plugin 1.0.04. Does the issue persist with this version installed? You can download the newest version from your My Accounts page or via the plugins page if you have BePro Software Updates installed

https://www.beprosoftware.com/my-account/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Yes, I was already using v1.0.04. I just downloaded and installed it for the first time on Saturday (Jun 13).

Thanks.

Hi,

1.0.04 was released today.

___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Oops, sorry, I was looking at the email plugin which is 1.0.04. I just installed the latest reviews plugin and now I’m seeing the rating stars. However, they are appearing below the Submit Comment button rather than appearing above the comment. I noticed a new option in admin to choose the comment position, but when I choose “Comments Position Below” then the rating stars show below the comment. If I choose “Comments Position Above” then the rating stars don’t show up at all. They are not even showing in the DOM, so it’s not a CSS issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

You are right. In your case, that’s the only option that’s possible. In some cases like your theme, there are no other wordpress action hooks into that comment system. If you return to one of the stock themes, you should observe that both options work.

If you would like to have the ratings above the comments, have your theme developer create a custom comments template which extends the wordpress comment hooks

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/comment_form_logged_in_after/
    https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/comment_form_after_fields/

The comment system should work the same way regardless of its position.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Unfortunately, even with the review stars below the comment I’m not seeing people’s ratings. If I use a default template then I see each user’s review rating they submitted. But when I use my custom template I don’t see any of the user ratings.

Jim

I added this to my template right after it shows the logged in information:
    <?php do_action( ‘comment_form_logged_in_after’, $commenter, $user_identity ); ?>

Now the rating stars are showing above the comments as I wanted. Now how can I fix the problem with the ratings not showing for each user comment?

Jim

OK, I figured it out on my own. In my theme’s comment callback function I changed:
    <?php echo esc_html(get_comment_text() ); ?>
    To:
    <?php echo comment_text(); ?>

Now it’s showing the ratings for each comment properly.

Last problem, on the list view showing the list of listings I am not seeing any ratings. Can you steer me in the right direction on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Hi,

Great, sounds like you are a developer and made some progress.

For ratings to show on search results, you will need our BePro Listings Icons plugin. It adds icons throughout BePro Listings, for several of our features and addons.

___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Hmm, showing the ratings on the list view seems like a pretty important piece of the ratings functionality and should be part of the reviews plugin IMHO. I don’t mind paying the extra $15, but based on the screenshots, the icon plugin shows the rating as an overlay over the listing photo. I’d prefer showing the stars below the image. I guess I’ll just hack the code myself to do this as it looks to be pretty simple. It’s already showing the average rating stars on the listing detail at the top, so I can just utilize that code. I just prefer not having to hack your code so I can do easy upgrades later.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. The icons plugin propagates across all features that need icons. We are always open to fair arguments for rearranging our packaging. In this case, a single icons focused controller, makes sure that plugins don’t override each other visually.

Its always a bad idea to hack at the core code. We offer templates which can be rearanged as needed. One day, this will be controlled graphical like the Form Builder. For now, you will need to create the template via php

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/custom-listing-templates/

With a custom template, you can rearrange the order of the listing elements. So in your case, you can place the section which generates the icons to the bottom.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.