Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nanettedp

Hi! Is there any documentation on how to re-install bepro Listings without losing your listings? If there is I do apologize… sorry, I could not find it.

Hi,

There is no documentation or options for that process. If interested, we can move this posts to our requests section and potentially add it to a future version of the plugin.

What do you think a re-installation will fix?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Thanks, does this mean that if I ‘re-install’ BePro Listings all my listings will be gone?

I have a issue with the filter widget as seen in https://www.beprosoftware.com/forums/topic/filter-listings-widget/#post-7719 and I just wanted to make sure that something is not maybe ‘corrupt’ as it seem to be a new issue.

Hi,

You could remove the uninstall.php file from the plugin before deleting. This will prevent the plugin from deleting content during deletion. Otherwise, the plugin will delete all listings and settings.

With that said, its unlikely that the files or installation are corrupt unless you made changes to the php. The best place to start would be to follow our “general diagnostics” troubleshooting tips

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/troubleshooting-bepro-listings/

Since this is a new beta feature, there are bound be bugs we have never encountered before. We will investigate on our end to confirm the issue.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

thanks for the clarification. I think safest option is to first wait and see what you find from the investigation.

Our dev team is investigating the issue. Thanks for your patience

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Hi! is there any news regarding your investigation?

Hi,

Our tean has not been able to replicate the issue. We are still investigating. Does the issue persist with one of the stock wordpress themes e.g. twentythirteen?

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

yes, the issue still persist with the twentythirteen theme…. it is also just the bepro filter widget that loses it settings, all other plugins keep their widget settings.

Hi,

This is a beta feature. We appreciate your interest in its improvement and willingness to communicate about the issue. Our team is working on replicating the issue and fixing it. We are also very excited about it and look forward to evolving the feature beyond the beta stage

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Thanks, is there a timeframe to evolving this feature?

Hi,

This feature is a priority for us. I know the dev team will be working on it and a few other aspects this weekend. We can share an update early next week. Hopefully this Iissue is an easy fix.

Having the beta phase removed requires a lot of testing that we hope to complete in a few weeks.

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Hi! Any news on this feature? I see there was a update on the search filter widget, but it did not solve the problem. When I use the search filter widget more than once, i.e for different sidebars then it overrides the search filter widget settings to the last sidebar setting. So if I added a search filter for my movies, web-links and books, it will only be able to show the filter settings for the book filter.

Hi,

We will reply in your other post. This post is titled “re-install bepro listings withoul losing listings”. Continuing here would simply confuse future readers who are looking for an answer to the original question

For those looking for an answer to the original question, as of the writing of this reply there is no way to prevent the removal of data during the uninstall process, except to remove the uninstall.php file from the plugin.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.