Tagged: rating plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    nanettedp

I have your BePro Listing with form builder. I want users to be able to rate the listings like books, movies and games. Do you have such a plugin and if not What plugin do you suggest I use that will be compatible with your plugin.

Hi,

Try our reviews plugin. It allows users to leave a comment and star rating 1-5.

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-reviews/

Its designed to work with BePro Listings and the Form Builder.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

thanks, will try it

nanettedp

I purchased the BePro Listings Reviews, but can’t seem to get it to display any ratings. Where is the documentation about this plugin. I found the settings under the addon tab under the bepro admin options, but nothing list under my listings.

Hi,

Do you have comments turned on?

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Yes, comments are turned on… but I can’t see the review area?

Hi,

Here are a few points to note

– Ratings will only show on the listing detail pages. For them to show up on the search results, you will need our BePro Listings Icons addon
    – If you turned on comments after installing the plugin, comments for the listings you created will still be turned off. They can be turned back on easily; However, a quick test would be to create a new listing and see if ratings show up on that page
    – Some themes require that you set the “Comments Position” to “below” via the BePro Listings->Addons admin menu

If none of the above apply or fix the issue, please share an administrator login to your site via [email protected]

We apologize for the lacking documentation. We thought that the plugin was simple enough for all important info to be shared on its product page. However, we have learn’t from this engagement and will create a few articles.

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

I have tried your suggestions and still can’t get it to work, so have mailed you a login
    Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for granting access so we could take a look. The issue is now fixed

Specifically, “Show comments” was set to “No” on the BePro Listings->Options page in the Page/Post tab. We have set it to “in tab”.

This is definitely another reason for us to create some documentation for this plugin. Thanks for your patience
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Thanks, I can see the comment box as well as the rating stars now, but is the rating not suppose to show in the listing page as well?

nanettedp

Also, I see the ratings do not display on the listings submitted from the custom forms (i.e form builder) . Only on the main listing page. Is this a limitation of the plugin or a setting on my side?

nanettedp

I have done a few test ratings (all with admin account)…. but the calculation looks strange, please can you help explain
    rating 1:5 stars
    rating 2:5 stars
    rating 3:2 stars
    rating 4:2 stars
    rating 5:3 stars
    So it should have a 3 star (3.4) rating, but it shows a 5 star on the top of this specific listing page.

Hi,

We are investigating

___
    BePro Software Team

nanettedp

Any news on this?
    Is the rating not suppose to show in the listing page as well?

Hi,

Yes, the rating should show on the details page. We have released a fix for this (version 1.0.05). Take a look at the test results here

http://beprothemes.com/documents/listings/demo-document-2/

You can download the latest version from your admin plugin panel if you have “BePro Software Updates” installed. Otherwise, you can download it from your My Accounts page

https://www.beprosoftware.com/my-account/

Thanks for your patience
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.