Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gintas
    Participant

I think that partial payment wit points (i.e. WooCube plugin for CubePoints&WooCommerce) is a MUST HAVE for  major WP commerce and loyalty systems. Such principle is used by some hosting companies which lets users partially to reduce hosting prices by using earned loyalty points. I don’t think, that CubePoints earned for members’ activity in social network (based on buddypress) are useful for merchants as a full payment. Real money is needed to cover costs of real products. But if these points could be used partially (as a discount) then concept of reducing prices with earned points would be useful for both merchant and buyer. Merchant could choose what part of price (10%, 25% or 50%, you name it) he can let to user to pay with his earned points. Such plugin would be more useful than just a fully based payment gateway by points, where costs of products can not be covered by real money. I think that partial payment with points is a “must have” for any social commerce website and WooCube plugin with such functionality would be great plugin for CubePoints & WooCommerce users.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this idea. It was not the original direction of WooCube but we are examining the use of it. Theoretically the ability to use coupons already exists. So we should be able to use cubepoints in a similar manor.

Our team will test the implementation of the feature and update this post with our findings.

Regards,
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

Thanks to your suggestion, we created WooCube Pro. This is exactly what can happen when someone makes a request or suggestion.

With WooCube Pro, you can use some or all of your cubepoints towards a woocommerce purchase

Regards,

BePro Software Team

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by BePro Software Team. Reason: added link to product
    Gintas
    Participant

What a great team and response! Hope that this plugin will be useful for many social commerce developers using CubePoints with WooCommerce and BuddyPress. Using points as a partial payment will be better option for many merchants who wants to exchange customer’s loyalty points to discounts but not the whole products.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.