Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pousis

Hi

I’m struggling to get the postcode to pick up the lon/lat.

Bepro listings 2.1.99998
    wordpress 4.2.3

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have removed all other plugins and have used 2015 theme just to keep it all basic.
    options >general> show cost & contact ticked. show geog in tab and listing
    options >map > curl and api box ticked (have also tried file_get_contents – is any extra php req for this option?)

I can of course manually put in the lon/lat and it shows correctly just does not pick up from postcode.

I’m fairly certain its me done something wrong – got my self all discombobulated though and can’t see the wood for the trees..

Hi,

Everything sounds right so far. The difference between curl and file_get_contents depends on your server setup. Some have one or the other. Some have both. They achieve the same goal although some may argue one is faster than the other.

1) Are you entering a complete address or just the postcode?
    2) What happens when you enter the postcode on your local version of maps.google.com?
    3) Do any addresses generate a lat/lon or do all fail?
    4) Are you testing from the admin or frontend?
    5) Please share one of the postcodes that aren’t working here in the forums

___
    BePro Software Team

pousis

Hi

1/ I’ve tried mixture of just postcode, country + postcode and full address inc name/no
    2/ address comes up
    3/ all fail unless manual lat/lon input
    4/ tried both
    5/ BN5 9RE

Hi,

The address works great on our test site. So this is definitely a unique issue. Can you send an administrator login to [email protected] so that we can take a closer look?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing your login so we could investigate. Far too often users have simply given up without allowing us to investigate this rare phenomenon. In this case, we would have never experienced the issue during our testing, because our server setup is very different.

In short, you have reached the usage limits for google maps api. You are using a shared server with 138 sites on it and they are all using the same IP. With that many users, its extremely easy to surpass the 2500 daily request limit that Google allows for a single server. You can pay google to exceed that limit or move to a dedicated/vps server.

Since our BePro Software servers are dedicated, its unlikely that we would have ever exceeded this limit and experienced the error. Now that we know, we will improve the plugin so it can visually alert users to this issue. In case you would like to google it, the exact error message is “OVER_QUERY_LIMIT”. The following screenshot shows how we edited the plugin and had it dump what google replied with

http://prntscr.com/7wx1gs

In short, there is nothing wrong with the plugin and nothing we can do to help. You can guess when the limit is reset for your shared server or upgrade your hosting. Regardless of which plugin you use, you will continue to encounter this issue on your current server setup.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

pousis

Thanks Guys.
    I’m glad my cheapness on shared hosting has been helpful all round. 😉

Off server shopping I go…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.