Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aditipw

All my Website fonts (Helvetica-Neue) changed to a serif (default) (ugly!) font after installing your plugin. When I de-activated plugin, the font returned to Helvetica-Neue .

How can we fix this? I’m still in set-up phase, working on a desktop server.

Thanks,
    Aditi

• This topic was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by aditipw.

Hi Aditi,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this issue.

Unfortunately, without being able to see your website, there is little help we can offer. Our team did review this issue and noted the following

1. We never use the “serif” font. “sans-serif” is used 5 times throughout the plugin
    2. When “sans-serif” is used, it is never the default font.
    3. None of our css declarations are sitewide in scope

So the investigation from our end was not able to reveal the issue. Here are a few options you can try to isolate the issue

1. Turn off the 4 major BePro Listings features one by one, “show geo”, “show images”, etc
    2. Try using a different result listing template for the “display_listings” shortcode

Let us know the results

___
    BePro Software Team

aditipw

Hi,

I have uploaded the website to a LIVE SERVER. I re-installed the plugin fresh and these are the results:

– again, all content and second navigation fonts have switched into that serif default font.
    – I am getting code errors with config.php …define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);…activated.
    – here are the codes: On front page = Notice: Undefined index: perm_chng in /****/gwng/wp-content/plugins/bepro-listings/bepro_listings_functions.php on line 1166

On BePro Listings plugin` page > All listings an additional Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in ****/gwng/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3495
    I have active the BePro listings and BePro Listings Business Directory

I have WP 4.1.1 running.
    I will keep the plugin activated and work on something else, so you can see the issue.

My site is gwng.quantumpathways.org. I’ll be happy to send an email with your admin login if needed.

Thanks for your help

• This reply was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by aditipw.
    aditipw

I had to de-activate listing plugin so I can work on site

• This reply was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by aditipw.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing these details

1) A php notice does not prevent BePro Listings from running 100%. In addition, this php issue is unrelated to your original css font question

2) “has_cap” is never used within BePro Listings or its Business Directory addon. We suggest returning to a stock wordpress theme
    ___
    BePro Software Team

aditipw

Hi,

1) I understand this message may be unrelated — but the error disappears when I deactivate the listings plugin. What could that mean?

2) Is your plugin using the new roles and capabilities expression versus the deprecated user levels?

3) My Max Mega menu was set at theme default(Helvetica Neue)… so it inherited my theme font before activation of your plugin. So as a work around, I changed the Max mega menu font to Tahoma and set my content module fonts specifically to Helvetica Neue instead of it inheriting the theme body font (which no longer works when your plugin is activated).

4)Is your plugin designed to pick up the theme or content font? or can you set a font from your plugin? I am just starting the set-up, so haven’t yet tested this out.

If I run into problems, who can I resource to help in set up? I just need a simple business list page (no images and using the business listing plugin) and a submit page from the frontend.

Thanks,
    Aditi

Hi @Aditi,

1. A fix will be released for this php notice in an upcoming release. It is not related to your css font issues

2. Not sure what you are referring to. We are not using the deprecated has_cap function you referred to earlier.

3. Thanks for letting us know you found a workaround

4. Our plugins do not alter any body or theme fonts. The few font declarations that exists, have a namespace specific to html elements created by BePro Listings. They are also easily overridden

If that’s all you need, we can setup everything within 1hr of product support.

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/product-support-1hr/

___
    BePro Software Team

aditipw

I have just paid for your support to set up my business listing and submit listing pages

I did have to return to my Helvetica Neue font for both my mega menu and my theme font

I need the installation in English and French (for titles and instructions)
    My list is in an excel file.

I also have WPML installed for this bilingual site (Canadian En & FR).

What are the next steps to arrange a time for the work to be done?

Thanks,
    Aditi

Hi @Aditi,

Thanks for your purchase.

Your last message refers to a few tasks which were not included in our quote like, multiply languages, csv content, 3rd party plugins, etc. Someone from our team will contact you today via email to clarify, what you need, the cost and timeline.

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.