Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I am having issues with the individual Listing Page’s sidebars displaying correctly. The standard Classifieds page displays correctly. You can see this here: http://www.fretbuzz.com/classifieds

BUT when you click one of those Ad Listings, another page pops up and then the left and right sidebars display incorrectly all the way down at the bottom of the page? You can see this here: http://www.fretbuzz.com/listings/whitney-piano/

Can anyone help me with understanding how to get these sidebars to display correctly?

Please note: I created a page template named “Listings” which is child to the parent page, “Classfieds”. Before I made the child page the posted ads would only route the user to an error page when clicked on.

Hi,

This is an interesting scenario.

It sounds like two separate issues:

1) The template files sound like they are not setup correctly
    2) Maybe you needed to re-save the permalinks

Ultimately, you want to have child themes when possible. However, it doesn’t sound like you are talking about a child theme at all. Ultimately, i think the template files are your issue, header-listings.php, sidebar-listings.php and footer-listings.php. If you are having issues with implementing these templates, let one of our developers do it for one hour of product support:

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/product-support-1hr/

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ogopotse
    Participant

i have the same problem? My questions is where do the above named templates go?

Hi @ogopotse,

The templates go in the folder, where your active theme resides. So say for e.g., you have the twentyfourteen stock wordpress theme activated. You would place the files in that folder.

The thing to note is that you aren’t just creating the files. To leave progress there, would not achieve your goal of integrating BePro Listings into your theme. It simply replicates the problem.

The goal of the templates is to replicate the correct structure of your html code as seen visually on pages which came with your theme. In files like, page.php, single.php and index.php, theme makers will often put some of the important (format forming) html declarations. BePro Listings and every other plugin which uses custom post types “e.g. woocommerce and buddypress” pulls in the header/footer and possibly the sidebar. They do not retrieve potentially important html from the other files.

Ultimately,the result should be a situation where the header, footer and sidebar together encase the bepro listings content in the correct html. To further simplify, you need to take the important html declarations from pages like single.php/index.php and put them in the custom header-listings.php/footer-listings.php files.

Obviously, you need to be able to discern whats an important html declaration. Unfortunately, this is not something a novice can do. Its beyond wordpress and becomes an issue of understanding html. This is why we provide a growing number of themes. With that said, the problem is as simple/trivial as replicating the correct html structure and wrapping that around BePro Listings

That’s why currently, product support is by far our cheapest service. For someone that knows what they are doing, issues like this take literally minutes to diagnose and repair.

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/product-support-1hr/

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ogopotse
    Participant

i think a detailed trobleshooting doc like this one will be helpful http://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/

[email protected]
    Participant

I’m resurrecting this because I have the same issue.

The odd thing is that, if I click on either the item image or the “Item” link, it opens in the same page and respects the page layout setting. Clicking on the item name opens in a new tab and immediately changes the item layout to full width, causing any sidebars to drop down below the item area.

If I can simply stop the item name link opening in anew tab, I’m pretty sure it will solve the problem.

[email protected]
    Participant

I’m resurrecting this because I have the same issue.

The odd thing is that, if I click on either the item image or the “Item” link, it opens in the same page and respects the page layout setting. Clicking on the item name, however, opens in a new tab and immediately changes the item layout to full width, causing any sidebars to drop down below the item area.

It’s this new tab behaviour which isn’t respecting the theme default layout.

If I can simply stop the item name link opening in a new tab, I’m pretty sure it will solve the problem.

Hi,

We created a post which detail the template process

http://www.beprosoftware.com/bepro-listings-template-files/

You have the exact same problem as the original poster. Create a template or have your developer create a template for BePro Listings. As stated in the article, those pages are crawled by google, so customers will find them broken until you create the template.

You also itemized an issue with the ajax page feature. This is fixed in the latest version of BePro Listings 2.1.27. So now, when you click the item name, it will obey the ajax page setting

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

I already have the template, and it worked fine when either the image or the title link was clicked.

The problem only occurred when I clicked the item name, which seems to have gone away with the ajax page fix in v2.1.27.

I don’t know if it’s coincidence or if my post prompted that fix. If it was the second, then great job for doing it quickly!

Hello @Migster,

Glad to hear we were able to rectify the issue!

However, your latest response again confirms that the template file does not exist. If it did, then when the user was incorrectly taken to the details page, there would be no issue with the sidebar. The issue with the sidebar is a direct result of not having the template files.

Every plugin for wordpress which generates a page from a “custom post type”, has this issue, including the most popular ones like buddypress. It seems fixed because with “ajax page” the content is rendered onto the same page/post, without reloading. Remember that this page is not generated by BePro Listings, you simply put our shortcodes on it. Its within your interest to create the necessary template since google crawls those pages and will send users to the broken layout.

Yes, your post did prompt a fix for the ajax feature. The “title” of listings was not connected to the ajax feature, which we updated. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out and relay this issue. This is the one of the best ways to improve the plugin.

After you have had a chance to fully test out the plugin, please leave a review here on beprosoftware.com or on wordpress.org. This is a great way to encourage the growth and continued support for BePro Listings

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Yep, you’re right 😉

Problem solved locally, thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.