Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Semper Fidelis
    Participant

I created a new listing and then it wouldn’t display. I then realized that none of the listing details are saving when I create or try to update the listing.

Hi,

This sounds like an issue we had in a recent version. Please verify that you have the latest version of the plugin installed 2.1.34

– wordpress.org/plugins/bepro-listings/

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mc1171611
    Participant

I’m having this same problem as well. The Plugins page says “2.1.47”, so I’m not sure what the problem would be now.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by mc1171611.

Hello,

What probably exactly are you having? Are you sure that the listings aren’t pending in the admin like required by the default setting ?

___
    BePro Software Team

mc1171611
    Participant

When I fill out the name, address, lat/lon, and other details fields and “submit” them, when the page refreshes, those details have not been saved. The only items that are retained are the Title, Description, and Categories.

I want to like this plugin, but all it’s doing so far (this and the CSV doesn’t-upload feature) is making me want to murder the internet. Please help…

Ok,

Send an administrator login/pass to [email protected]. One of our developers will investigate this issue.

___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. We were able to observe the issue.

We completely deleted the plugin and re-installed it. This has fixed the issue and we were able to create a listing with all details. Please try creating your own listing to confirm its also working for you

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software team

mc1171611
    Participant

Yes, I was able to get it to work. Thank you for your help. I’ll try the CSV import again and see what happens.

Great,

Thanks for confirming it works for you.

Especially if the csv upload also works, please consider leaving a review for BePro Listings. It would be much appreciated and supports development
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mc1171611
    Participant

No matter how I try, the CSV functionality still doesn’t work. Does BePro Listings not import standard CSV files? I set the headers according to the instructions, but it’s still no good.

Hello,

Our developers tried one time, with the file located on the following page

http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/listing-csv-upload/

It resulted in a successful listing creation.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mc1171611
    Participant

I also downloaded that file. However, it is not a format that seems standard as an output from any spreadsheet app that I have. I can’t quite hand-edit 3,800+ records to conform to a non-standard format just to use this plugin.

Hi,

That’s unfortunate. However, the csv file is standard and was generated by the extremely popular and 100% free openoffice suite of products. Entire governments use the software and we are confident that the resulting format can be replicated by most spreadsheet software.

If your existing software cannot replicate this file, then i suggest trying other software like openoffice

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mc1171611
    Participant

Were there specific settings that you used? Exporting from Excel should produce a standard CSV file, but the file that I exported with twenty records only imported a portion of the first record into two locations, and none of the information was imported correctly.

Hi,

A csv file is actually a very simple text file. You can open ours with any text editor. A “field delimiter” is the character used to define columns and the “text delimiters” are the characters surrounding the text in a column.

So the purpose of this csv file, is to be read by humans but interpreted by computers. This means that the columns need to have a “field delimiter” that is never used by you in the csv. We offer 3 options for “field delimiters”, simicolons, coma (popular but worthless for our needs), and something for software developers to guarantee no issues i.e. pound star #*

Our information is “text delimited” by quotes e.g. “first example column data”;”second example column data”

In open office, during the “save as” process, you are offered a checkbox titled “edit filters”. Once you click save, it will ask you exactly what “field delimiter” and “text delimiter” you would like to use. Every csv file editor should be able to do this.

Hope this helps
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.