Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maria

Hi,

I have a question, is it possible link bepro listings categories with buddypress member types?

Thanks

Hi,

In what way? Do you want members to only have access to posting in specific categories? Or do you want to restrict view access? Can you share a scenario?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Maria

Hi,
    Actually what I want is not link the bepro listings categories with the buddypress member types but with the profile field groups. The users select a profile field group and according that they should be able to have access to posting in that category.For instance, when registering they select a profile field group, let’s say Traders, then they would be able to list in buy/sale category only.

My confusion was because member types and profile field groups have the same name in the project.

Thanks

Maria

I also would like to know if it is possible to fill the form that creates the listings with the information that the users had already completed in their buddypress profiles or add a a dynamic link to their profile so they do not have to fill two forms with the same information.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

You can create packages that are links to BePro Listing categories. People purchasing that package will only be able to post in that category. Here is some documentation on the feature

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-payments/

Add a dynamic link where? Are you referring to the feature offered by the following plugin? It links the listing to the owners/creators buddypress profile

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-authors/

___
    BePro Software Team

Maria

Hi,

thanks for the info about the categories.

Regarding the the link to the profile ,the bepro listing author plugin is not what I’m looking for.

My concern is : users complete their info in the buddypress profile, when they fill a form to create a listing is annoying to have to complete the same information again. So I thought in two options

1. dynamically complete the form with the data that is already in the profile (I think here the question is if I can create a form that grabs that information and use it in a shortcode)

2. Create a link in the listing form to the user’s profile without having to copy and paste the URL of the profile but creating a field that automatically, somehow, gets the URL and displays it in the listing

Are any of these options achievable?

I’m sorry I’m so annoying 😉

Hi,

Not annoying at all. In fact, most of our biggest progress was made thanks to questions and suggestions from customers like you.

In this case, it sounds like you may be requesting an integration with Buddypress that does not exist. However, both BePro Listings and the form builder can be extended with custom development. If this is a required aspect of your project, contact our support team via the contact us page and we will provide a quote for the custom development. It would be delivered as an addon plugin

https://www.beprosoftware.com/contact-us/

However note, #2 sounds exactly like the BePro Listings Authors plugin. The only difference being the buddypress link shows up on the listing automatically, without it having to be included on the form. 🙂
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.