Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jambojam

Hi there,

been quite a while since I’ve run updates, but I saw all the latest search speed improvements and thought I would give it a go. I’ve run the update but now I’m not getting images displaying on type=’blfb2a’ when doing an initial search (i.e. the thumbnail images for each listing). When I go into an individual listing, the images are displaying just fine, but obviously I need them on the search. Are there any settings changes that I’m missing?

Kind Regards

Jam

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by jambojam.

Hi Jam,

Yeah, its been a while since we have heard from you. Unfortunate to hear there is an issue.

Yes, we recently made improvements to how we create the result templates during searches. The new approach reduces the amount of database queries, speeding up searches. This unfortunately requires that we upgrade our previous templates. We have released a new Form Builder version with the fix (1.0.397). Our apologies for any inconvenience

On a separate note, we are developing several new features for the Form Builder. Thousands of USD’s have gone into the next version and I think you will like some of the features. If interested in helping us test this new version, contact us at [email protected]
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok, so just have to go through the whole uninstall and reinstall process on the form builder then eh? No probs, all backed up in case I have any issues there!

Yep, I’ve love to have a go on the new version and see if it’s got a few more features that would work for me.

On a seperate note, I’m having a look at other ways in which I can improve efficiency and reduce server load on my site. I’m currently looking at methods to host media remotely (use instagram or youtube effectively as media servers) and simply call it to the site as and when I need it. I wanted to know how the file upload on form builder worked, if it simply called wordpress media library to upload files or if it worked some other way.

Jam

Hi Jam,

You should not need to do a complete uninstall. If you have BePro Software Updates installed, you should see an upgrade available.

We use the wordpress media features to manage all file uploads. So any solution you find that will work with wordpress, will also have positive effects on BePro Listings.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok, I’ve downloaded the latest version of bepro software updates… I have to say though, the last few times I’ve tried updating form builder using bepro software updates, I’ve had a few problems. Hopefully it’ll be ok this time though.

jambojam

well, got a problem. It’s not showing that any of my plugins need updating, even though I’m running version Version 1.0.35 of form builder

jambojam

Actually I’ve figured out what was wrong there. I hadn’t filled in my username/password. I’ve done that now, but I’m now having the same problem with software updates as I was having before. I click the button to update, it says it’s updating but it’s just hanging… probably stuck in some sort of loop!

Hi,

Good to hear you are making progress. Yes, unfortunately the version you have may hang like that. After clicking update, give it a few seconds, then refresh the page to confirm it updated. You may need to try 2-3 times.

Luckily, we have identified the problem. It started when wordpress changed their upgrade process to stay on the plugin page instead of refresh. We have fixed this in all subsequent versions of the Form Builder. So in short, once you can get it to update this time, the issue should not occur anymore. We actually discussed this in a recent article

https://www.beprosoftware.com/blog/wordpress-4-custom-plugin-distribution-stuck-updating/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Stand up and take a bow son!

That fixed it for me! Also the issues that I had highlighted before about the form field counter being stcuk at 0 seems to have sorted itself out with this update! Many thanks.

Also you mentioned before that you would like me to do a beta test for a new form builder. I think I have just the new test site project for it, have you still got my email address?

Hi Jam,

Good to hear. Please email us at [email protected] to receive the new version
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.