Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stopher

Hi there,
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the help that I have received from you guys with this plugin. It has been quite a journey so far but it seems as though it is nearing completion.

I’m at a point now where I am just tidying around the site and have become a little stumped with the CSS side of things.

I have spent a good few days trying to find how I might change the global font size for listings input and single item results display.
    I would really like a comprehensive breakdown of the files so that I can play around… if you have one:)
    Ideally, I would like to know where the single item results box is generated, so that I can play with the colours, font sizes and tabs so that it becomes more accessible to the user and easier for them to read.
    I have tried changing the global font size on my theme, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to affect the ‘Item Description/ Listings content’. It appears to still remain at either 8px or perhaps 10px…. but really is to small for the users to read….
    I Have found where to change the background colour for the display results…. along with the width of the adverts, but I just seem to be struggling with the single page results.

If you could help, I would really appreciate it…. I know that if I really understood the coding side, then I would probably find it really easy, but unfortunately I have found that it sits beyond my limits, without focused study.

I am happy to follow a break down of what each of the plugin component pages works with… and I can bumble my way through…. alternatively, the two things are:
    1. the single page results container and tab colour scheme
    2. the ‘content/ details’ font size on the single results page

Thanks again for your time and thanks for the effective plugin….

Chris 🙂

Hi,

We are happy to help.

I just checked the plugin’s css file and it uses the font-size decoration once, for h3 elements in listings. Otherwise, all font-size is setup by your WP theme. Most colors will also be provided by your theme. In scenarios where the plugin does implement styling, its usually easily overridden with custom css. With that said, the css files are all located in

– wp-content/plugins/bepro-listings/css

The listings are all dynamically generated. Its not easy to manipulate because the pieces are generated separately then assembled on page load. We plan on exposing the resulting markup via an online interface in a future version of the plugin. For now, we provide a few listing type options via the form builder and BePro Listings… Note that it is possible to programatically override all BePro listing templates but that requires strong wordpress and coding knowledge. We wrote articles about our templates:

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/custom-listing-templates/
    https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/custom-page-template/
    https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-template-files/

Remember that any time you edit the plugin’s files, you risk loosing your changes when you upgrade the plugin. We always suggest trying to override the features and alerting us to those difficulties, compared to trying to edit the plugin
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.