Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

It has always been said that good wordpress plugins give their users the ability to change all options from within the settings panel. These first few issues address that.

#1 = Need ability to control if listings are shown ascending or descending on the website home page. This should be an available option to select. By default though, listings should always be shown DESCENDING so that the website users see new relevant content when they come to the page. As far as I know, BePro currently only shows ascending. Please change this.

#2 = Need ability to adjust how the Listings are displayed on the home page in two major keys areas. The user should be able control the length of the Listing Title and the length of the Details Excerpt on the Main Listings Home page by either number of words or number of charachters. Users Should also be able to turn the title and or Excerpt on or off by a simple toggle switch. Currently there is an option to select if you want the “details” section on or off but when you click to turn this section on or off it doesnt change anything on the Main Listings Home Page, it simply doesn’t display anything you wrote about the Listing when the user clicks on details, errr I mean “Item”.

#3 = Why is the link that points to the “Details” section called “Item”? This makes no sense… It should be named “Details” because it points to the Details section. It sounds better too. 🙂

#4 = The “cost” field is a big Problem. It can be fixed in two easy steps though. Rename “Cost” to “Payment” and allow any and all charchters to be displayed in this field. Here is why: The current field “cost” only allows numbers and you cant even input a money sign “$”. It just displays numbers on the front end. What if the Listing is for a Lesson or Job? There is no “cost” associated with either so that word is confusing. If I want to post a $40,000 salary job I cant put anything in the box because it wont let me put the word “salary, but if I don’t put anything in the box it displays as Free. It’s just bad and confusing but can be fixed by leaving the field as an open text field and users can put anything that the want in the payment field like… $20 -or- $45!!!! -or- $5 Paypal Only -or- $30.00 a lesson -or- $100 per day -or- Free to good Home -or- $25obo …you get the point.

The above four suggestions are total no brainers and would benefit all users. No questions. They are necessities. The below suggestions I feel are more geared towards personal preference though, but again A GOOD PLUGIN ALWAYS GIVES THE DISPLAY OPTIONS TO USERS IN THE SETTINGS PAGE. Ok so here are my personal preference suggestions with Screenshots.

email: [email protected]
    site: http://www.fretbuzz.com
    site password: test12

[email protected]
    Participant

Please do work on suggestions 1-4. Everyone can benefit from them. Here are the links to my personal suggestions… BTW it looks like your site is not able to display images for some reason at the moment. Here you go. First you will see step one then the results then step 2 then the results. My personal suggestions just show css changes to the main layout. It gives a much cleaner fresher look and saves page space. Note: to access images you will need site password which is: test12

http://www.fretbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Step-1.png
    http://www.fretbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Step-1-Results-.png
    http://www.fretbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Step-2.png
    http://www.fretbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Step-2-Results-Perfection.png

email: [email protected]
    site: http://www.fretbuzz.com
    site password: test12

Hi @theig072

Thanks a lot for these suggestions. I will start with your most recent ones for the design.

1) I really like your layout suggestion for the results. Ultimately, this is no one layout since the display is dynamically generated. For the developer, this means unlimited configurations. For the typical customer, it means we have to release a template option which re-orders everything. Your suggestion will be included in a future release that focuses on these templates. Right now, our team is focused on the all in one layouts in general

2) That link should be renamed. However, we disagree that it should be named “details” or anything in particular. We are working on providing an admin option to set this yourself. This is huge for our non english users. This new features is scheduled for release within the next 2-3 business days

Regarding your other suggestions, they are golden. Look closely at our development logs on wordpress.org, and you will notice that we are releasing updates to the plugin every few days. Its simply a matter of timing and prioritizing to get your requests out.

We appreciate your continued patience and support. We hear your suggestions and plan on implementing all of them. Please continue to relay your suggestions and concerns.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Awesome. Cant wait to keep working with you all with this plugin. We have high hopes. 🙂 Stoked you like the suggestions.

I just got started with BePro Fed 2015 and my site requires the cost field to be a range in $value like $(50-1000). I dont see a solution to your request on this.

Hi,

You can consider using our Form Builder to create a custom text field with price range data in it. This field would show up on the details page and you can configure it to show up in search results. However note, this approach would not be searchable (i.e. not available in search filter)

___
    BePro Software Team

Bruce

Hi,

Is there any way to change the length of the Details Excerpt on the Main Listings Home page by either number of words or number of charachters?

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, on the BePro Listings->Options admin page and the search/listings tab, you can change the “Description Length” option
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Bruce

Hi,

I find the Title Length but no description length. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks!

Hi,

What version of BePro Listings are you using?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Bruce

Now I understand. I have not yet updated to the latest version. It is because we use kilometer as distance unit, not miles. We modify the code. If we update the plugin then we have to re-write the code, which is quite troublesome.

Hi,

Well that’s the issue. When you update to the latest version, you will have that feature. Until then, you will have to continue along your route of custom code
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Bruce

Now I am waiting for the plugin update of the distance in kilometer unit. When you have this option available, I can update it without any worry. Thanks very much for your kind and speedy reply! Thank you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.