Tagged: css, support, templates

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I just paid for BePro Listings Support – What are my next steps?

Hi @theig072,

Thanks for choosing BePro Listings and purchasing the support service.

What exactly are you goals for the plugin and how would you like us to help?

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Hey,

We have three simple issues that need fixed but I am going to go into great detail about them all so you know what we are looking for and can get done within the hour. 🙂

1. Page issue: http://www.fretbuzz.com/classifieds/
    Need this page to show 4 category columns on a 13″-14″ screen size. The listing categories below pictured listings need to also be shown centered with the above 4 columns.

I already had this done by simple changing the css in the css file (be-pro0listings/css/bepro_listings.css) but every time BePro updates… so do my files. I don’t know how to create a child plugin for a plugin?
    All I did was change the “Categories” width from 175px to 140px and the padding from 10px to 5px and that allowed 4 columns on a 13″-14″ screen. If the categories and images are then both changed to align center then they align with each other all in 4 columns on a 13″-14″ screen. Pretty simple. We just don’t know how to make these changes stay that way throughout updates (btw… settings are now all back to BePro default).

2. Page issue: http://www.fretbuzz.com/members/admin/Listings/Create/
    Need this page to show the show the “categories” selector as 4 category columns in STRAIGHT lines. Currently on a 13′-14′ screen the categories like “Band & Orchestra” are too large to fit on the same line so they are pushed to two lines which makes the page look all over the place.

I already had this changed as well by simply changing the css in the css file (be-pro0listings/css/bepro_listings.css) from 90px to 120px and that allows all my categories to display in four columns in straight lines. Also pretty simple. Again though… every time we update BePro so do my files. I don’t know how to create a child plugin for a plugin so these changes stay permanent?

3. I am running into actual page display issues with both BePro and Events Manager in Buddypress. They both have the same issue. Whenever you get a few pages into Buddypress, the page shows up as full page with one sidebar bottom right. you can see this by clicking on any listing via the Classifieds page. It will bring up the single post for the listing and this is what we get: http://www.fretbuzz.com/listings/1961-fender-jazz-bazz/

AND if you were to try and create an event through your buddypress profile (go to events, click add event then add event again) see here: http://www.fretbuzz.com/members/test/events/my-events/edit/?action=edit
    and BAM…. same thing with the sidebar page issues. We only have this issue in Buddypress?

The entire site (with exception to the log in and join page) are set to have a left sidebar, main page and right sidebar. This is able to be changed through DynamiX theme options or on each individual page but when you click on a listing. It doesnt allow me to change the layout of that BePro page? It only gives me the option to “edit listing” not “edit page”.

Please screencast your work we want to be able to see the changes you make and how to create child plugins for css changes. Is creating a child plugin even possible? How else would we customize a plugin without putting the css changes into our themes child theme css stylesheet? That code could then potentially affect the entire site?

We are running: WordPress 3.8.1
    We are using the theme: DynamiX
    We are using a child theme and are running a multisite install
    Our custom theme sidebar layout css can be found in our child theme’s stylesheet (under network admin.. themes… editor) Here is the custome layout code:

/* :: Sidebar Width —— */
    .sidebar.columns.three {width:20%;}
    .sidebar.columns.four {width:20%;}
    #content.layout_six {width:60%;}
    #content.layout_six {margin-left:20%; }
    .sidebar.side_one.layout_six {margin-left: -80%;}

I can send over ftp and logins but don’t know how to set this to private.

Hi,

Thanks for explaining your goals in such detail. This can definitely be accomplished within one hour. Someone will contact you via email shortly.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Ok. I’ll be waiting. Thanks!

[email protected]
    Participant

Any idea on when I will be contacted tonight? I’ve been waiting by the computer for close to two hours.

Hi,

An email was sent to the yahoo email address you used to pay for the support. This email was sent Thu, 4:29 pm EST. Please check your junk mail?

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

I checked. It was there in my junk mail. Thanks. You should have all the info now.

Hi @theig072,

We were able to make the requested changes within 1hr of product support. Please check your website and let me know if you have any concerns or questions.

The other plugins you mentioned in relation to buddypress like Events Manager, are a separate issue to BePro Listings. We can assist you with other non related plugins via our WordPress Development service. If you only need help with one other template, you can go ahead and purchase 1hr if interested. Alternatively, if you need help with multiple issues, please outline them in detail and someone will contact you with a quote.

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/wordpress-development-1hr/

Screencasts can be created for most projects, especially ones as quick as this one. If interested, simply purchase one here:

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/screencast-recording/

You have a nice theme and we wish you luck with the plugin. Here are the Recommendations from the developer who implemented your fixes:

– Consider making the map larger
    – Use widgets to draw attention to classifieds

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Ok. The basic changes have been implemented. We are still missing the head knowledge though. We asked and wanted to know the following:
    1. How can we create these plugin childs so that everytime we tweak the css on these plugins their not erased by the updates being pushed out by the plugin authors.
    2. What was the problem with the sidebars? How was this fixed?

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that the product support related requirements have been implemented correctly.

1. All fixes are located in your child theme. That is how you protect against plugin upgrades
    2. The problem with the sidebars are outlined in the following article:

http://www.beprosoftware.com/bepro-listings-template-files/

In this case, the only file that was altered was the style.css file in your child theme. A copy of the original will be emailed to you

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.