Tagged: lat, lon, maps, pins

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gucu
    Participant

Hi Guys

I am beginning to get my head around the plugin but have a few questions with regard to the maps element.

1. When you add an address to the plugin is it possible to drop a pin where that address is please?
    2. Is it possible to tell the maps to show your area first?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

1. Each listing submission should generate a pin on the map. If this is not happening, can you confirm the address you are entering?

2. No, its not currently possible. How are you envisioning this feature, by the user’s IP address or by actually selecting the location in the shortcode?

___
    BePro Software Team

Jaki
    Participant

Hi BePro Guys

1. It’s not working. We are using postcodes in the UK. PL22 0HB. The test site is here:
    http://www.ododow.org.gridhosted.co.uk

2. Ok. I presume IP address but I thought Google Maps detected location in order to do directions?

Thanks

Rich

Hi,

1) BePro Listings accepts any address that works on maps.google.com.

The first step for testing should be to deactivate all plugins that were not created by the BePro Software Team. Then confirm that you have the latest version of BePro Listings installed. If you are using the Form Builder, make sure you are using the address field. Let us know the results when you upload a new listing

2) There are two ways to go about this. IP address search requires an api. Free api’s aren’t accurate and paid ones make no sense in a free product like BePro Listings. On the other hand, google and your browser will only share the user’s address if the user says its ok. So its no guarantee that the address is retrievable in that case. We will have to do some testing to evaluate the best option for the community. If you need this right away, it would have to be a custom project

___
    BePro Software Team

gucu
    Participant

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

1. I have done as suggested and still no joy. Additionally I added a new listing and input the town as Bodmin. When I search for Bodmin it says nothing matches your criteria!

2. Thanks for the help.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Try switching the query type option available in the BePro Listings->Options page and the Map tab.

Also, please share the exact address you are entering. If the only field is “Bodmin” then it wont work. At minimum, BePro Listings requires the Country or Zip code field be filled out. This is checked when the Form Validation option is turned on in the admin.

Let us know if any of this helped.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.