Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    philmay

your plugins and extensions load the maps api more than once. this is causing sitewide problems with other plugins that also use the map api.

there should be a way to disable the api from being loaded within bepro listings to avoid this when a website already loads the api elsewhere.

Also, I do not understand why your extensions need the api loaded if you already load it in bepro listings.

because you offer no way to turn loading the api off, my site is not working correctly.

philmay

i am also curious as to when i am going to be getting the 50 points per week?

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will re-evaluate how BePro listings loads the map api.

I’m assuming you are referring to our focus group. I suggest contacting support via email regarding that process
    ___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

This is not at all what I expected. I am going to have to stop using/developing with BePro until this issue is resolved. Unfortunately this is not a minor error nor a simple suggestion, BePro is causing my product to not function correctly. I asked about purchasing bulk hours from you and you proposed this “focus group” idea. Again, not what I expected. I appreciate your offer of 50 points per week, but I do not want to have to email support whenever i need the points.

If you are willing to sell me bulk hours of development then perhaps we can get this sorted out, otherwise I can not afford to sit here waiting for you to update a thread without a proposed solution while my directory sits unusable.

Hello,

This is a real shame

1) BePro Listings enqueues google maps once. So your assertion that we include it multiple times is wrong and misinformed at the very least. Have you evaluated the other plugin’s coding standards? Did we ever advertise compatibility with them? Here is the wordpress documentation

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script

2) Your agreement was up to 50 points per week, in return for 5 hrs/wk, during participating in various focus group activities. As far as our records show, you have received 1 questionnaire and week has not past yet since that questionnaire was sent to you via email. However you are upset that we ask you to communicate with the team conducting the focus group? Are you serious? This forum is for support only and handled by an independent support team.

Its a real shame, we were excited about your implementation. However, this is what we can do for you today. Cancel your membership which was a requirement of participation in the focus group. We will then refund you the membership fees.

Regarding the google maps issue, we have no intention of changing the wordpress recommended route for implementing 3rd party JavaScript and eliminating conflicts. If other plugins choose not to use this method, then there is nothing we can do about their bad coding. Many of our users love our google maps features and we cannot make wild random changes without evaluating how fixes for your custom isolated issue will affect them. If us taking others into consideration before making changes, stops you from using our product, then that’s really unfortunate.

If you do change your mind, we are ready, willing, and happy to help all of our customers with free forum support. As you have noted in the past, we have a track record of listening to our customers and promptly releasing fixes when appropriate.

Good luck
    ____
    BePro Software Team

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by BePro Software Team. Reason: added link to wordpress documentation
    philmay

disabling your plugin and extensions removes the google maps api error.

this has nothing to do with any other plugin on my site. Every plugin i use that uses the api has the option to load it or not depending if it is loaded elsewhere. your software does not have this option.
    this is not a “wild change”. This is just good practice when including an api that is not exclusive to your plugin.

adding the option would not even effect any other users. you apparently got offended by my post and therefore not only completely misunderstood the point, but have decided to take “the low road” in regards to the issue.

philmay

and just so you know, BePro Listings Search extension DOES call the maps api.
    this is one of the problems.

when i disable it, ONE of the errors goes away.

the second error goes away when i disable BePro listings itself.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by philmay.

Hi,

In post #4118 we stated… “Thanks for the suggestion. We will re-evaluate how BePro listings loads the map api.”

Your next reply specifically mentioned an implementation issue, in addition to a request for a feature enhancement. Moreover, it was complicated further with a non product related complaint. Our reply addressed all of your concerns. I apologize if this text medium has caused a misunderstanding and appreciate you taking a calm approach to discussing your concerns.

Ultimately, we seem to be on the same page regarding the feature add. I politely ask that you be patient. It is obvious that we are dedicated to making BePro Listings work for as many of our customers as possible. I’m confident that you can anticipate seeing the feature released within the next 24-48 hours.

Rest assured, there is a full time dedicated team working on our BePro Software Suite of products. Notice that we also depend on BePro Listings to run our websites. Your concerns and realistic enhancement needs are always considered. Please do not take the lack of a specific timeline as a dismissal.

As for the focus group, my understanding is that there is BePro Listings questionnaire that’s supposed to go out soon. The focus group has grown a bit since we are offering it to a few power users. Again, your participation and patience with them is appreciated. Email is how that process is managed and i’m sure they will be sensitive to any concerns.

___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

ok, as long as you realize that I am bringing this to your attention NOT to hammer down on you, but because I like your plugin and I offered to help debug it.

Regarding your statement that BePro listings only loads the maps api once, you are incorrect.
    your Search addon also loads it.

regardless, even if ONLY the core plugin loaded the api, if anyone uses a theme that includes geocoding (hence more than likely the maps api) you will have conflicts on any page where the api is loaded twice.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by philmay.

Hi,

First of all, we are very happy to see that you took advantage of your membership perks 🙂 How do you like the set of FREE products you were able to download? The search plugin is one of those and we are very excited to get feedback on it. I remember them mentioning your $0 purchases at the weekend meeting 🙂

Great observation. This addon definitely needs some attention. We should release a fix for this within the next 12-24 hours. The core development team might try to get it onto our internal update system at the same time, hence the delay. This addon is destined for a lot. Keep an eye on the changelog for this addon

___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

The ability to remove the google maps api has been added to version 2.1.89. Thanks for your patience

___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

this is fantastic and solved the problem completely.
    however the Search extension still loads the api and causes conflicts so i will elave it disabled until you can fix it.

A new issue arises. When i disable the api in BePro Listings, the 3 other plugins I use that utilize the api load maps correctly again.

however your plugin does not. It seems that your plugin can only use the api directly within the plugin itself and you have not coded it to utilize the api if loded externally (outside the plugin)

I know this to be specific to your plugin not any others, and here is why:

I have built numerous sites that use multiple plugins to render maps with the google api.
    to avoid the api being loaded more than once per page (breaking every map) I disable the api in each plugin and load it from the theme only, or if the theme does not include it i use a 3rd party map api plugin.

doing this allows the plugins to use the api without loading it themselves. Your plugin does not behave in this way. Your plguin is coded in a way that requires the api to be loaded within the plugin itself and does not use the api if loaded elsewhere.

philmay

edit, it was just bepro listing search interfering. your plugin does now load external maps api correctly.

However, shining light on another issue from before, your plugin is causing issues with a very popular ubermenu plugin. every page that your shortcode is used on breaks my ubermenu.

this error os produced on the single real estate listing page so you see the cause:

WARNING: wp-content/plugins/bepro_listings_form_builder/bepro_listings_form_builder.php:1041 - array_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
    require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), get_single_template, get_query_template, apply_filters('single_template'), call_user_func_array, Bepro_listings->post_page_single, include('/plugins/bepro-listings/templates/single-listing.php'), include('/plugins/bepro-listings/templates/content-single-listing.php'), do_action('bepro_listings_item_details'), call_user_func_array, bepro_listings_item_details_template, apply_filters('bepro_listings_override_page_content'), call_user_func_array, Bl_form_builder->details_page, array_values

this is one of MANY php errors the plugin causes. you guys should log in to your account and see all the php errors your plugin throws.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by philmay.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by philmay.

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation that the new BePro Listings configuration feature is working. We also appreciate the opportunity to login and check out the errors. A member of our team will do so within 24 hours.

The search plugin should have an update within 24 hours also. Hopefully, we can reduce/eliminate the errors you are experiencing very soon

___
    BePro Software Team

philmay

Im sure you will. you guys are doing a great job of getting on top of this stuff. I hope the things i bring to your attention make the plugin even more flexible and feature rich.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.