Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    philmay

can geolocation search be used in BePro? I would like my users to be able to enter a zip code and km/mi radius to search within. thanks

Hi,

Yes, our location search feature accepts anything you would type into maps.google.com (including zipcode). Via the BePro Listings admin, there is a default search distance option which is in miles. The user can change the distance option on the frontend, if you use one of our search filter shortcodes. We do not currently support km. Here is an example

https://www.bycater.ca

Consult our shortcode documentation or use the “Shortcode builder button” to start using our search related shortcodes.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ukhca
    Participant

Hi,

Currently I am unable to conduct a search by location (for example entering “London” yields no results, which is untrue)- please can you advise what I am doing wrong.

This is an example of how I have setup the CSV data (I transposed the columns for ease of reading):

item_name UKHCA
    content
    categories 37,8,7,9,17,18,16,29,30,36,27,21
    first_name
    last_name
    cost
    email [email protected]
    website http://www.ukhca.co.uk
    address_line1
    city Wallington
    state
    country England
    postcode SM6 7AH
    phone 01234 567890
    lat 50.153736
    lon -5.095393
    photo

Many thanks,

Ben

Hi,

Geo search is based on the distance from the center of the searched location. Check the BePro Listings admin under the search/listings tab. What is the default search distance setting?

If your default search distance is 150 miles and your search location is london, BePro Listings will search within 150 miles of the center of london. The example you provided uses “Wallington” as the city. Is London within your default search distance of Wallington?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.