Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim

I show an update available from v1.0.392 to v1.0.393 in WP Admin. However, when I click the update now link, the status changes to “Updating” but just sits there endlessly in this state. A refresh of the page goes back to showing an update is available. No files were changed on the server.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for alerting us. We are troubleshooting. Does the issue persist with all plugins not created by the BePro Software Team deactivated?

Ultimately worse case, you can always download the latest version of the plugin via your My Accounts page

https://www.beprosoftware.com/my-account/

___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

I was able to update the main BePro Listings plug-in just fine, so the problem seems to be specific to the Form Builder update. I have too many plug-ins to disable them all to help debug this issue, but I haven’t installed or updated any plug-ins since the last time I successfully updated Form Builder.

I’ve had persistent issues with the Form Builder updater. In the past it just hung and showed “Updating…” endlessly. I had to restart Apache to get it to stop showing “Updating…”, but it still actually updated the files. I’ve reported this problem previously. Now it’s not updating the files and doing a simple refresh makes the “Updating…” go away.

I’m in no rush to update since the latest update isn’t important. I just want the updater to work reliably. And, as I stated previously, downloading the file is inconvenient because it requires a multi-step process of manually downloading, disabling the current plug-in, removing it, then re-installing the new one. And the other option of overwriting the directory manually may result in missed database updates, if there are any.

Thanks,
    Jim

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Jim.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your patience.

You wont miss database updates if you overwrite the files via ftp. However, we understand your concern and we are working on diagnosing this issue.

___
    BePro Software Team

Hi Jim,

The update process for the Form Builder is now fixed. Once you upgrade to version 1.0.396, you should not experience upgrade issues anymore. Thanks for your patience as we tracked down this very unique issue.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.