• This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by balu.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kyle

hi!

thanks so much for your time.

i recently purchased the form builder and mtclassifieds theme.

im confused why i cant add the “search city” and “radius” as searchable fields in my form builder’s search filter widget. ive checked the forums and dont see anything about this. can you let me know if im missing something?

i also was naturally under the impression that myclassifieds would enable tag searching. when it didnt i looked into the form builder and it also gave me this impression. after purchasing both i still cant use my site for it’s main purpose, search ads based on their content. would you be able to give me access to the tag add-on as i was under the impression this would be available.

I definitely plan on doing more business in the future. thank you very much again!9

Hi,

Thanks for your purchases and reaching out

Can you share the shortcode you are using? Also, have you had a chance to review the following articles?

http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/custom-search-filter/
    http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/customizing-bepro-listings-fields/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Thank you. I am aware of that documentation thank you.

I am using the widget code provided by the form builder stock options – I am adding he widget using the”search filter” widget.

It is searching my form correctly but I can’t add the location or radius to the widget search fields.

Also am hoping you will send me the tag add on as I thought this was a base function. I can buy other add one of required.

Thank you from Canada!

Hi Kyle,

BeProSoftware.com is Canadian. A member of our team will be in touch regarding the addon.

Please share the the shortcode you are using for the search widget.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

I am not using a short code I am using the widget from form builder called filter search – msorry if I’m missing something

Is there a Form ID selected in that widget?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Yes I’m using one form for all categories called “master” – can we talk on the phone I feel I’ve been answering the same question for 5 days – can you email me and we can resolve this in the public forum after

Hi,

Thanks for providing insight into your current setup.

The issue you are experiencing, is caused by the form not being setup to show “search city” or “radius” fields. This is explained in the following articles

http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/custom-search-filter/
    http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/customizing-bepro-listings-fields/

The names of these fields you need are

– addr_search
    – distance

As noted in the documentation, you must add the required fields to the form and name them correctly. An alternative we recommend, is that you use the stock search filter widget

If you would like help setting this up, our team would be happy to help you. With a few more details, we can setup all aspects of the plugin to fit your ultimate goals.

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/product-support-1hr/

If you would like a phone consultation to discuss any aspect of BePro Listings, you can purchase one hour here

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/consultation/

If you prefer, you can contact us via our support email by using our contact us form. However note, the support will be the same offered here in the forums for free, by our dedicated support team

https://www.beprosoftware.com/contact-us/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Thank you,

Am still unclear sorry! hate to be a pain, really appreciate your help. Feel free to point me to documentation or short answers – i do apologize, i dont see postings which talk about these

Q1: Do these custom fields (with field names “addr_search” and “distance”) which i’ve added using “bepro listings > form search > edit form ‘[create_listing_form bl_form_id=”6”]’ > add new field > text > field name “addr_search” or “distance” resp.” search the previously existing ‘master’ address fields or do all old posts need to have these fields populated? this would mean that users need to input their address twice since i can’t remove the ‘master’ address field in the bepro listing form builder(?)

Q2: The documentation didn’t have “addr_search” listed, does this field name allow me to enter city, address, country or anything related to location – or does it have to be the street address?

Q3: If i try and search using the field name “city” do i have to also include all of the other address data? Do i need the add-on “search listings” to overcome this inability?

Q4: Does the distance option have to be a drop down? does it have to use certain values(e.g. specifically 10, 50 , 150, etc)?

Q5: will using the “content” form name allow me to search the previously existing post descriptions of an add using “or” type query? for example if someone has “fresh fruit, vegetables, produce” in their post, can i search in the “content” fiel d for “fruit” and have that post generated? this was functionality that is implied in that documentation you sent but i dont think it’s possible without the “tags” add on. can you clarify?

I can’t seem to get it all working to search old posts (all posts are using the same form with id6, which is this form im editing, ive resaved and remade the forms, i dont have other plugins on) – it won’t refine by city or distance – it returns all posts everytime unless i populate more than one of the new fields i’ve added in which case it will not return any posts.

thanks again! really appreciate your help!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by kyle.

Hi

Q1: Each form only searches listings added through it
    Q2: Any address
    Q3: We suggest that you use the addr_search field and label it city.
    Q4: Must send a number (integer e.g 5). You have the power to use any form field you want.
    Q5: Tags addon allows you to search tags

There is no content field on the form builder, i’m assuming that’s what you have named a field. Which form field type are you using?

Note: A form only searches listings created by it. Which posts are you trying to search? How were these posts created?

___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Hmmmm, thank you,

Q1: In the documentation provided ‘content’ is the second bullet – this is why i purchased form builder – can you send me the tags add on as the documentation heavily implied that form builder had a content search option.

“content – Listing description” is 2nd bullet here: http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/customizing-bepro-listings-fields/

Q2: as per the above, i thought that i just had rename the ‘field name’ and it would change functionality. Am i misunderstanding?

Q3: im still not clear on the “addr_search” and the comment “each form only searches listings added through it”. The form builder comes with a mandatory address field which i cant change at all – are you saying that i need to add an “addr_search” field to the form in addition to the already existing address field and have users populate their entire address twice? OR

Q4: Can i have the master address field and add the “addr_search” and tell users to leave the “addr_Search” field empty when posting an ad, as it can search the master address field ?

I need people to be able to search from a city (i.e. all ads near ottawa or toronto)

all posts were made using the same formbuilder form i am using and all used form id 6 as per above.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by kyle.

Hi,

Q1. If you go to your My Accounts page, you will see the tags addon has been available for you to download. Which documentation heavily implied that the listing description field is searchable? Please specify a url and line. The article you referenced is about customizing fields. If you share what your goal is, maybe we can provide an option

Q2. What are you trying to accomplish? Yes, some field names are mapped to specific functionality in BePro Listings.

Q3. Yes, for a field to exist in the Form Builder’s custom search feature, the field must exist in the form.

Q4. You could do that. In reality, it sounds like you need a feature that does not exist. If I am correct, you would like to create a custom search filter based on the form but with fields that don’t exist in the form e.g. addr_search. That would require enhancements to the plugin.

___
    BePro Software Team

Hi Kyle,

Did we summarize the scenario correctly? How can we help?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Thank you very much again for the support, is your office in Ottawa? I’ll come take you for a beer 😛

I still can’t get the “addr_search” or “distance” fields to work. I think we’re on different pages. I’ll try and walk us through what i need to be able to do and how i’ve tried to do it. This will be easier if you check out my page, http://www.mysustainablecity.com/wp ***Can you sensor the weblink in the public post?***

-The ads on my site are going to be posted from all around the world, i need people to be able to filter by city and multiple form builder categories

-On my front page there’s the following BePro code and i’m also using the “search filter” widget in my right menu

([generate_map size= ‘4’]

[display_listings show_paging= ‘1’ type= ‘2’ order_by= ‘1’ order_dir= ‘1’]

-Note that ALL ads use the same form BUT i’ve added the “addr_search” after most ads were posted
    -I’m not able to search by city using the “addr_search” or “distance” field name provided previously
    -Can you clarify why it won’t work? Note that I have tried making posts which are populated using the most up to date form (which has addr_search and distance in it when generated) and it still won’t work for those posts

Thanks again!

kyle

I guess to further clarify, the stock bepro listings search form shortcakes lets me filter address fields but the form builder doesn’t seem to have the same functionality when I use “addr_search”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.