Tagged: Form Builder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have two issues about the form builder.

The first issue is that even if I set a field as “required”, in the front end form it is still optional. Actually, I have two sites using the BePro Listings Form Builder, the issue only occurs on one of the two sites.

The second issue is that I can not configure the categories field. I want to limit a form to a specific category, and I tried to indicate the category id in “Parent Category”, “Exclude Category” and “Require Category”, but nothing happens. I am confused that whether I am using this feature in the right way?

Any help will be appreciated.

Hello,

1) Your license includes 1 website. If you would like support for both of your websites, you will need to purchase the Form Builder again. Also note that we will be introducing license keys soon, which will be required for updates

2) Unfortunately, i’m not sure that I understand. Did you put the same category ID in all 3 places (parent, exclude and require)? The feature is taken from the following wordpress function. It will explain in detail what each field means

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_categories

____
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

I’m having the same second issue, cannot seem to exclude the fields I want to from my form.

Please let me know the form that I need to enter these category i.d.’s

Right now for example, I want to exclude categories 12,14 and 15 from a particular form.

But when I write 12,14,15 into the exclude box… nothing happens, they are still there!

Is there some sort of specific way of typing these categories into that field which is required by the form builder in order to work?

Hi @Jambojam,

We do not have any record of you purchasing the Form Builder. Please share your order ID to receive support
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

You’re not installing very much faith in me right now.

Order Date Status Total
    #4308 February 11, 2015 Completed $40.00 for 4 items View
    #4275 February 8, 2015 Completed $50.00 for 1 item

I’ve purchased form builder, contact, s2 member, listings search and cart… will you please help me?

Hello,

Thanks for your patience and confirming your order

The format 12,14,15 should work fine. We have tracked down the issue to involve new forms with no listings associated with them. A fix has been released in the newest version 1.0.32

Please confirm that the issue is fixed on your end.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

I’ve run an update and could only find version Version 1.0.30… how do I access version 1.0.32?

Hi,

There are 2 ways to approach upgrades with products purchased on BeProSoftware.com.

1) You can download the latest version from your “my accounts” page. We strongly recommend that if you use this method, that you upgrade the files via ftp and not via the wordpress admin

https://www.beprosoftware.com/my-account/

2) Alternatively, this may be easier if your have downloaded and installed our 100% FREE “BePro Software Updates” plugin. Then you can update your plugins from your WP admin plugin panel. If you do download it, we recently fixed an issue with the search addon which was preventing upgrades, so your approach should be

A) Confirm BePro Software Updates is installed and activated
    B) Update the search addon to the latest version (if its installed)
    C) Once you do that, the other addons will be available for update including the Form Builder

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

I’ve tried downloading again from my account and I’ve tried using bepro software updates. I think that the latest version that you currently have available to download is this version 1.0.30 which does not have the fix included. Can you please make version 1.0.32 available to download?

Hello,

We are 100% sure that 1.0.32 is available both on your My Accounts page and via the update plugin.

When downloading from your my account page, simply unzip the file on your desktop. Look in the bepro_listings_form_builder.php file and it will say 1.0.32 at the top.

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok, I’m now updated to version 1.0.32. So that’s great, but I’m still having the same original problem.

Hi,

Thanks for confirming you have the latest version

Our tests confirm the issue is fixed in the latest version. To help us better understand what may be wrong on your end, can you shed any details regarding exactly how you performed the upgrade?

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

I dowloaded the latest version from my account and uploaded the zip file straight into wordpress then activated the plugin.

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

In post #4351 our Team posted, “We strongly recommend that if you use this method, that you upgrade the files via ftp and not via the wordpress admin

We recommended this, specifically to avoid the issue you are currently experiencing, which is a corrupted installation. Our only suggestion at this point is to completely delete the plugin and reinstall it

In the future, we strongly recommend that you use our “BePro Listings Updates” plugin for all upgrades.

___

BePro Software Team

Hi, sorry to get back late. I have tried the newest version, the second issue has been solved. Thanks for your great work!

However the first issue remains, that is I can not set a field as “required”. I will look into it to see if it is a compatibility problem with my other plugins and get back to you.

As to the license issue, I only used it on one public site. The other one is my test site, it is just for me to test a plugin or theme before issuing it on my public site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.