Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nocholas
    Participant

How can I make an individual listing as featured?

I would like to have a list with the featured listings at the top proceeded by the non featured.

I’ve realized there is a way to create a list of featured listings. In this case I would have to create a separate page dedicated to the featured. I could also call upon that list in my main listings area, but it would show up separately (which is not all that bad, though I’d like more control).

If there is a short code I can add to a particular listing , awesome! If not, I’d like to request this as a feature.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by nocholas.

Hi,

For the “display_listings” shortcode, there is an option called “l_featured” which means everything in that result set will be marked as featured. There is also an option called “l_ids” which would allow you to specify ID’s for listings. In that special case, you can use two display_listings shortcodes on the same page. One with the featured option and one without. Is this what you are looking for?

___
    BePro Software Team

nocholas
    Participant

Not exactly what I’m looking for. The featured id’s short code is along the right track. If I could do that, but have only one listing where the featured lists are the first listings in the relevant order followed by the regular listings, as opposed to two separate lists.

It’s not a huge deal to me, just more of a convenience. I would ask that you please consider adding in something like this in the future. For now, I will do as you have it intended.

Thanks!

Hi,

I think i understand. You would like to use the same shortcode, specify the featured id’s. There would then be one set of listings with the featured ones prioritized to the top.

This is a great suggestion and much appreciated. Please continue to share these ideas. We will definitely try to integrate it into a future version of BePro Listings.

___
    BePro Software Team

mascia
    Participant

I also believe that this function is essential. It would simply add a field (such as “VIP”) to the card and create an option to list only the VIP cards.

Waiting for you integrated this change, it would be possible to use some other solution less complex than suggested above (l_ids)?

jambojam

This is what I’m aiming to achieve too. If I show you my shortcode then perhaps you may be able to give me an idea where I’m going wrong

[search_form bl_form_id=’2′ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’]

[bl_search_filter bl_form_id=’1′ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’]

[display_listings show_paging= ‘1’ bl_form_id=’1′ type= ‘blfb2a’ l_featured=1 l_type=’7,6′ ]

[display_listings show_paging= ‘1’ bl_form_id=’1′ type= ‘blfb2a’ l_featured=0 l_type=’5′ ]

So obviously this takes place on my accommodation page with the filter at the top. I’m trying to run two display codes, first with the featured categories 7 and 6 and the second with standard category 5.

There’s two things which are getting annoying first of all the number “1” is being displayed between the two display listings, looks pretty untidy. The second issue is that I see no visible difference between featured category display and regular display… what does l_featured actually do? And am I implementing it correctly?

jambojam

Actually I solved my issue regarding where that number 1 was coming from… I only needed the show_paging shortcode once.

My display code now looks like this:

[search_form bl_form_id=’2′ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’]

[bl_search_filter bl_form_id=’1′ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’]

[display_listings bl_form_id=’1′ type=’blfb2a’ l_featured=1 ex_type=’5′]

[display_listings show_paging=’1′ bl_form_id=’1′ type=’blfb2a’ l_featured=0 ex_type=’7,6′]

I decided ex_type was easier for what I want… however I still cannot see any difference in my l_featured=1 list as opposed to l_featured=0.

Hi,

Great to see you are making progress with this custom setup.

The featured option is a little different than the others. Specifically, the l_featured shortcode allows you to use the display_listings shortcode twice on one page. Once with the l_featured option set to 1 and another time without.

This allows you to put one set of listings in a prominent place. You can configure what makes it featured like, time it was posted, category, etc. Then you have another set of listings that you would configure to show the remaining listings.

A featured banner should also show up on the listings with the l_featured option set. If you are not seeing this, consider quickly activating one of the stock wordpress themes to confirm there isn’t a css conflict

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.