Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mmcomber

Hi,

Can you please advise how to setup BePro listings (or shortcode to use) to allow site users to edit their own listings. We only see the ‘view’ link in the My Listings view.

We can edit from the Listings admin, but not the user pages.

Thanks.

Hi,

The My Listings page allows users to edit listings that they have created. Are you using the “bl_my_listings” shortcode?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mmcomber

Yes, we are using that shortcode. But the table in the My Listings page only shows ‘View’ as an option in the Action column. Is there a user setting I have to activate to allow edit actions?

Thanks.

Hi,

No, there is nothing else to do. Do you have a plugin named Buddypress installed?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mmcomber

Yes we do.

Hi,

In that case, use the buddypress profile instead of the “My Listings” shortcode. In the BePro Listings admin, there is an option under the “3rd party” tab to activate the buddypress integration.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mmcomber

OK, We have activated the buddypress integration in the 3rd party tab.

How should we then configure the My Listings Page? Currently we have a page called My Liatings with the shortcode [bl_my_listings]. But because we have activated buddy press the layout is different.

Here is the page – http://threesheetsnw.com/listingtest/my-listings-2/

However, there is still no ‘Edit’ link or button this page.

Please advise on how we should setup the My Listings page if we should not use the [bl_my_listings] shortcode.

Thanks

Hi,

Use the buddypress profile instead of the “My Listings” shortcode. So delete the my listings page. Users will now edit their listings from the buddypress profile
    ___
    BePro Software Team

mmcomber

Thanks for this. We don’t want to require a user that creates a listings to also create an account. So we would prefer to use the Listings shortcode on the My Listings page and not buddy press profile.

Can I get your advice as to how to get the edit function working using your shortcode please.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing more details about your scenario. Note that

– All users must have an account to use BePro Listings.
    – A user_id is required for the My Listings page to work.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.