Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jim

Is there a way to require a user to enter information when they submit a listing without displaying it on the actual listing? I want to require people to submit their contact information but I don’t want to display those fields on the listing. There is currently a “Show in Results” checkbox, but it seems this only affects the list view, not the detail view. Ideally there would be an option for both.

Thanks.

Hi Jim.

Great suggestion. You are right, this is definitely a needed feature and something we hope to develop. We will update this post when its released

Over the past year we have released the Form Builder and achieved a stable platform. There are several exciting enhancements planned for it over the coming weeks and months. We appreciate your patience as we continue to evolve our products to meet your needs. If your need is urgent, let us know and we can share a quote for funding development.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don’t have time to wait on this functionality. So I guess I’ll have to implement it myself. Should only take me a couple hours, but a couple hours I’d prefer not to spend on this. I’ll send you my code changes when I’m done and maybe you can add it to the base code so upgrades are smooth for me in the future.

Thanks.

Hi Jim,

Thanks. I believe the community would definitely appreciate if you could share the code with us. Assuming its secure and gets the job done efficiently, we will add it to the core plugin and give you credit for the work.

If you run into any roadblocks let us know. Ultimately, your changes would need to include

– Form field templates
    – javascript
    – wordpress/php
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Hi,

I implemented this last week but forgot to update this post. How would you like me to send you my changes? I have forked the bepro-listings on github but the form builder plug-in is not on github, at least publicly (understandably). I can email you a diff/patch file if you want.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

We are excited to see your contributions. Please send the Form Builder suggestions to [email protected].

Now that we are receiving more contributions, we will find a secure method for developers to collaborate on products they have downloaded on BeProSoftware.com. We are also in discussions with various stakeholders regarding altering the license on some of our products to be more open. We are very interested in any and all ideas, on how we can make our products more interesting for developers

Ultimately, we hope that developers and customers like you, will decide the future of BePro Listings and our FREE solutions. The amount of requests we get today, far exceeds our goals or capability. Your contributions can help steer this product into something you can extend as needed, for your own commercial interests.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi Jim,

We are excited to see your contributions. Please send the Form Builder suggestions to [email protected].

Now that we are receiving more contributions, we will find a secure method for developers to collaborate on products they have downloaded on BeProSoftware.com. We are also in discussions with various stakeholders regarding altering the license on some of our products to be more open. We are very interested in any and all ideas, on how we can make our products more appealing to developers

Ultimately, we hope that developers and customers like you, will decide the future of BePro Listings and our FREE solutions. The amount of requests we get today, far exceeds our goals or capability. Your contributions can help steer this product into something you can extend as needed, for your own commercial interests.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.