Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zorro
    Participant

I downloaded the free version.

What I am not seeing unless I am blind is where to add custom listing fields where needed for the listings. Also, Is it possible to have different fields per category that would be needed for Automotive, Real estate, Furniture, Personals.

Would it also be possible to use your directory upgrade in conjunction with various categories like I mentioned.

Zorro…

Hi @Zorro,

Glad you finally downloaded the free and only version of BePro Listings

1) Your first question was about scaleability. Its impossible to scale with dynamically created search fields. So no, you cannot “add custom listing fields” in the admin

2) No, there is no current solution for having different listing criteria per category. Much like the custom fields above, this is done custom for you

NOTE

The plugin is free and you are free to interface with it as you wish. We provide documentation so that developers can quickly understand how the plugin works. However, if you need our help, to make the plugin support other features, then that has a price.

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/wordpress-development-1hr/

Once we clarify the gap between the base free plugin and your requirements, we can provide a quote for designing a custom addon to fulfill your needs. The addon would install like any of our other plugin addons.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Zorro
    Participant

1. It may be impossible to create dynamically search fields and scale with your plugin but it is not impossible. Osclass does this perfectly with a few mouse clicks and I have personally seen it working with nearly 3M listings.

2. Different listing criteria per category is easily done with few clicks of mouse with Osclass in admin. You can even move sub categories to other categories as well as move top level categories to become sub categories. Careful thought for design was put into this to allow flexibility for managing a growing site without being dependent on a development team for every little change.

Osclass is also a huge open source project much like WordPress. It is in fact wordpress is to blogging but for classifieds.

Right now my initial thoughts about your product outside of testing for scalability and I been working online for many years are simple. Its not very flexible at all without custom development. I am sure this acts as a great lead gen for your development team. Oscalss is far better in that area.

However, I love the way it is essentially part of WordPress. This makes it easy for many other areas I need to use WP for.

To be honest its been my experience never to work with a product that it totally dependent on your developer. Why because most are never around when you need them especially in critical moments. I have seen it over and over again.

Even without load testing your product I see it as potentially scaling as I wish based on its design. However, may be the lack of true admin functionality that may kill me wanting to work with it. This functionality that I am speaking of are simple basics that are normally part of any good classifieds script. These functions if they can be custom designed there is no real reason for them not to have the ability for the basics I speak of for the admin other than me paying to further develop your product.

So I must ponder this a bit. It is clearly a true trade off with having something that is wordpress or not. Although I hear in the Osclass community this may not be the case in a future release as they are talking about integration of the two.

While am not a developer I have many many years of technology experience and have engineered some very large scale systems in the past. So I must think deeply on this one indeed.

Zorro…

Hi,

1) OK
    2) OK

Our team is flattered that you have compared us to osclass. We are excited about what we bring to the market and look forward to receiving more personal reviews like yours. We are always happy to have well educated customers, that understand the decision to accept BePro Listings or not.

Regarding development services, any good wordpress developer should be able to customize this plugin for you. In terms of our developers, even our negative reviews state we were always available and hard working. As you have stated, instead of just selling people products, we partner with them (“leads”) and hope to grow that service.

There are no high pressure sales with us. If you have any further questions, simply reach out.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Also @zorro,

For got mention, note that osclass also has addons they call “attributes”. They are either not as dynamic as you think or we are talking about different things. Either way, note that their addons mirror many of ours like, cars, real estate, etc.

I strongly suggest that you test our plugin in depth before concluding we are not a better solution

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.