Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nocholas
    Participant

Hello,

In the Form Builder, if I remove all of the options, in a [create_listings_form] page the ‘Cost’ option and the the Comments option are still available. I unchecked the “show cost” in the options and it still shows.

Also, the cost is showing on the listing as well.

Can you please fix this so we have the option to remove it? I do not want costs in my lists.

nocholas
    Participant

Something with the PHP database went corrupt. I had to delete BePro and delete the associated data tables.

Kind of sucks, but atleast all my CSS was intact.

I just hope these problems don’t occur once I go live.

nocholas
    Participant

The previous post was a different issue.

The issue with the COST is found in the Form Builder.

Installing the Form Builder rearranges the lists in to a static list, where little features work and has the Cost at the top of the page as the first item. I’ve tried removing the cost through CSS and php, but was only able to remove the words but not the $ sign.

For now I’ve resorted to removing form builder, though I feel a little cheated at this point. Can you please investigate this issue? If you need additional info, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Nocholas

Hi,

Yes, it does sound like you have a database issue. We cannot guarantee the plugin, or any addons, will continue to work as expected with a corrupt database.

The cost feature is designed to be removed via the admin option “Show Cost”. In fact, the Form Builder does not distribute the cost feature across your website (BePro Listings does). So its impossible for the Form Builder to be the cause of the entire issue.

With that said, if your database is “Fixed”, we would be happy to investigate your issues with the “Form Builder” and cost feature for free. Simply share an administrator login/pass via [email protected] and one of our developers will investigate

Also make sure you have the latest version of the form builder (1.0.08) installed. If you do not, you can download the latest version from your My Accounts page. Be sure to completely delete the previous version first

https://www.beprosoftware.com/my-account/

Lastly, no one should feel “cheated” on beprosoftware.com. As you can see from other forum posts, we work hard to fix any issues found in our products. However, if an addon you paid for does not work, its a genuine flaw with the plugin (not your website), and you would like a refund, you will be re-reimbursed 100% for that product. However in this case, it sounds like you may be experiencing database corruption issues and we would appreciate the opportunity to examine your setup.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

nocholas
    Participant

Well at this point I am very certain that the ‘Price Information’ section in the list is caused by the Form Builder.
    I have since removed all BePro Files and data tables several times, re-installed and re-styled my site. The last thing I did was install Form Builder, then unchecked ‘Show Cost’. It still shows up in the list. In the form builder, even if I remove everything in the admin panel and then save, the page with the short-code will continue to display a text box titled ‘Cost’.

****This part may be the most pertinent: In the original form builder that comes installed with the plugin, there is a section that has the heading ‘Price Information’. If this heading is modified, the heading in the list is modified as well. There is no other parts to this in the Form Builder, but in the list, a ‘$’ is below the heading.

Perhaps a recent patch re-surfaced this problem, or perhaps it is oddly pertaining to just myself.

Yes I have installed the latest versions, and I am unable to give anyone access outside my network as I am currently building this site in-house.

Thank you

Nocholas

nocholas
    Participant

I was able to remove the ‘$’ from my listings by blocking ‘case “price”‘ on lines 713-716 located in bepro_listings_form_builder.php (Where the ‘$’ was, used to be ‘Cost $’, but I removed ‘Cost’ somwhere undocumented a little while ago.)

I am able to remove the text box labeled ‘Cost’ in the form created by the form builder by blocking ‘case “price”‘ on lines 550-555 located in bepro_listings_form_builder.php

I hope this can serve you guys in any way. I shouldn’t need further assistance on this issue from here on, though I also feel like I should not have had to do this. Though I do thank you, for I am picking up on this web development stuff more and more because of it. (I come from a C++ and Java background in studying engineering) It’s been fun.. and a little frustrating so far.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by nocholas.

Hi,

Yes, its unfortunate that you had to edit any of the code yourself. It would have been nice, if we were able to investigate the issue but we understand and respect your privacy.

All of our developers have computer science degree’s and come from java backgrounds. PHP may be turing complete, but its approach is vastly different than java.

While evaluating your code edits, we can see that you have removed the ability for the plugin to render cost features. However, it does not address the cause which we are interested in. Specifically, if the price field is not added to the form, then it wont show anywhere. That’s regardless of if its available to be selected or not. Hopefully others will comment if they have experienced similar issues. Many of our customers turn off cost.

Wordpress adds to the learning curve of php. Most importantly, they facilitate features called action hooks, to potentially alter code without editing the actual files. When you edit plugin files, you loose your edits with every update. Its very important to keep all plugins updated for the reasons of security and compatibility with wordpress. With that said, your approach is not rare or unique

Feel free to reach out if we can potentially help any further

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

You may want to save your changes and try version 1.0.9 of the From Builder addon. It has a new loading feature for the default form, which may fix the issues you were having. Its available for download in your my accounts page

https://www.beprosoftware.com/my-account/

Be sure to click the button that says “Reset to Default”. Its at the top of the form demo pane to the right, while editing the form

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

claush
    Participant

Looks like the $ is hardcoded. I also have to change it in bepro_listings_form_builder.php , even though we entered another currency in Admin -> BePro listings -> Options -> Search/Listings -> Currency Sign

Could you please reuse that currency sign in bepro_listings_form_builder.php ?

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. This has been updated in the latest version 1.0.13

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.