Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hairpower

Regarding item_name being compulsory, if this is a person listing then what would be considered normal to be placed in this box?

For example:
    At this time the only information I can see would be of use in this box would be the persons first and last name. But then this means that their listing details first name and last name need to be removed, which I have done. But now in admin these boxes are empty.

It would be good if item_name did not have to be compulsory or be defaulted to the persons first name, last name.

Hi,

Interesting perspective. We are always open to providing new options

In wordpress, all pages and posts must have a title. In terms of the BePro Listings Form Builder, the item_name field is the title. A title/item_name is definitely mandatory; However, I agree that in your case there should be an option to generate a unique title and hide it on the frontend. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. Note that even if this option existed, the title would still show up in the url and be crawled by search engines. For now, we would recommend one of the following approaches

– Create a unique identifier for each person e.g. employee #
    – Use the employee name as the title and remove the First/last name fields
    – Use the employee name as the title and also use the First/Last name fields

If the ability to generate a unique title and hide it on the frontend seems like the best solution for you, we can create a quote for achieving your goals. If interested, contact our team via [email protected]. Otherwise, you can anticipate we will eventually evolve in this direction over the coming months.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.