Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jim

When I uninstalled and re-installed the updates plugin I made sure to download the latest version from the website. Also, I show no updates right now except for the main listings plug-in, which I can’t install until I update the forms plug-in.

The problem with downloading the latest to upgrade is it requires completely uninstalling first. So this is a multi-step process of downloading the latest, disabling the plug-in, deleting the plug-in, then installing the new one. Not to mention there is no notification of updates.

Is there any logging or anything the updates plug-in is doing? I think it would be very helpful to show the status of the plug-in, such as “Invalid Credentials”, or “Expired License” to help determine what is going on.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your patience and willingness to describe the issue in depth.

With downloading the plugin updates, you could upload it via FTP. You wont loose any data when you overwrite files.

Regarding the updates plugin, we have unfortunately not reached the stage of logging anything as yet. However, we are investigating issues that may be preventing you from updating. While we test on our end, can you confirm that all plugins not created by the BePro Software Team are deactivated (especially cache plugins)?

___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Hi,

I have tried deactivating all other plugins except it will not allow me to deactivate the Cherry Plugin because it’s required by my theme.

As I mentioned before, it is showing 2 updates at the top and next to the Plugins menu item, but when I go to plugins or updates it only shows bp listings as needing an update, not bp form builder.

Regarding FTPing updates, will WordPress automatically run any database updates after updating the files? I worry the code files will get updated but not the database.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your patience and help identifying the issue. You should now have access to the new version.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Hi,

Thanks, I was able to update! I also updated to the latest BePro Listings, so everything is currently up to date (AFAIK).
    BP Listings: Version 2.1.99994
    BP List Form Builder: Version 1.0.37

However, the original problem reported in this thread is still not fixed. When I use the front-end form and specify the form id, I get the proper form but the heading for the categories still says “Categories” rather than the “Features” I chose in Form Builder. It shows “Features” on the list view as it should.

Also, my listing details are now broken. The list view works but the details don’t. All I get are the images, nothing else. I reported this problem earlier in the main BP Listings forum after updating BP Listings and was told Form Builder needed to be updated also, so I reverted. Now that I’ve updated both the problem is still there.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hello Jim,

The issues outlined for BePro Listings sound correct so far. First place to start would be to activate the various needed features. “Show Geo”, “Show Contact”, etc. These options are in the BePro Listings->Options admin page. Be sure to carefully go through the “General” and “Page/Post” tabs. This will reveal all of the info on detail pages

We just checked the category heading feature and can confirm that the heading management got overwritten with the new category select box feature. It has been, tested, fixed and released as version 1.0.38. We also confirmed that the update is available to all paying members.

Let us know if this fixes all issues.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for the update, everything is working now!

One note: the upgrade process for the form builder plug-in seems to hang. It just spins and spins. I’ve verified the files have been updated, but it continues spinning. I had to restart apache after about 10 mins to get it to stop.

Thanks for all your help!

Hi,

Thanks for confirming the issue is fixed.

Wordpress has recently updated their upgrade process. As you may know, the process is completely undocumented and the fact that we offer this service is rare. We are working on identifying bugs and eliminating issues like the occasional hung update notification.

___
    BePro Software Team.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.