Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the create_listing_form shortcode for our registered users to add locations to their profiles. Is there a way to add categories to the form so that they can also choose which category they are in?

Currently, the only ways I see to give a listing a category is after a user submits their listing, we go in the admin end and approve it/select category OR if it’s directly added by an admin, not by the shortcode form. Having the category choices listed as they are on the filter form would make user-submission of listings much easier. Thanks!

Hi @jmarie,

When confused about features, its always a good idea to refer to our $1 one dollar wordpress themes. If a feature exists there, then you are either A) missing something or B) there is an issue with your installation specifically. Here are examples of the front end submission form with category options:

http://bycater.ca/add-your-business/
    http://whatlocalscallit.com/add-a-place/

Its currently impossible to turn off the category selection option from the submission form. So unfortunately, you seem to have a unique issue. The only options we can recommend are

– Purchase 1hr of product support so we can investigate your unique scenario
    – Switch to one of the base wordpress themes and see if the issue persists
    – Re-install the plugin

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your quick response. I’m now checking to see what’s missing/if I did something wrong for them not to be showing. If all else fails, I will use the product support because everything else about the plugin is fantastic!

One more question I have… is it possible to use the map as a header on our site?

Thank you.

Hi @jmarie,

Thanks for the feedback and *Yes* is the short answer to your question.

This is where BePro Listings really shines beyond the competition. With the shortcodes, hooks, and filters built into the plugin, it is definitely very possible to have the map anywhere you want it on your website.

The thing is, this level of customization, usually requires some php knowledge. Depending the on the complexity of your theme, we can complete a project like that within 1hr of wordpress development

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/wordpress-development-1hr/

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi, I installed the plugin fresh on another wordpress site using another theme. I made no changes at all to the plugin, added categories, made a blank page with the shortcode CREATE_LISTING_FORM and there are no categories showing like in the sample sites you mentioned. Are you sure something wasn’t changed in the latest update that would cause this to happen?

Hi,

I’m 100% sure that the example websites are running the latest version of the plugin. For our testing practices, you can view this article

Plugin Release Process

Here are some options to try, there is no need to move to a new website, server etc.

1) Activate the stock wordpress theme. Nowadays, wordpress comes with 4 themes, pick one. Does the issue persist?
    2) Try one of our $1 one dollar wordpress themes. Does the problem persist?
    3) Purchase 1hr of product support. If it turns out that the plugin does have an issue, you will be refunded 100% of the cost for the hour. You can choose to get that refund via paypal or credits you can use here

Let me know before purchasing so that i can alert a project manager

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Ok so I tried it on another wordpress site we are working on unrelated to any directory. It has a standard wordpress theme, deactivated any other plugins and didn’t make any changes to the BePro plugin. Still no categories showing. I compared my files with the source code from http://whatlocalscallit.com/add-a-place/ and http://bycater.ca/add-your-business/ and I really can’t see what the difference is that could be causing this.

The person to make the final decisions isn’t here so I will let you know if we try with one of your $1 themes or if we will use the support. Thank you for your help.

[email protected]
    Participant

Sorry to be a pest! I was able to determine that something in this part of the code below in form.php is causing an issue. When deleting that portion, we were able to get the category section on the page, but not displaying the categories we’ve entered. Still not sure exactly how to fix it! Perhaps you can see?

if($cats){
    foreach($cats as $cat){
    if(!empty($exclude) && in_array($cat->term_id, array_values($exclude))){

}elseif(!empty($required) && in_array($cat->term_id, array_values($required))){
    $required_list .= ”.$cat->name.’term_id.'” checked=”checked” disabled=”disabled”>’;
    }else{
    $normal_list .= ”.$cat->name.’term_id.'” checked=”checked”>’;
    }
    }

Hi,

Great, we are always open to discussing code with fellow developers

The first line of the code you referenced states, if $cats. So if cats exist, it will loop through them and display them.

Since you stated that you have categories in BePro Listings (as opposed to post categories), then you can see that it is impossible for categories not to be shown.

We are releasing a fix today regarding this file. It is focused on removing the default checked option for those fields. I doubt that will fix your issue since nothing else will be changed and you aren’t seeing the fields. However, you are free to upgrade and see if it helps you

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi,

So we’d like to use your 1 hour of support because we can’t seem to find a fix for the categories not showing up on the form. How does this support work?

Hi @jmarie,

Sorry to hear that the plugin has been causing this much confusion for you. This one is unfortunately difficult to diagnose just from the description. We even have other customer complains, about how the categories work, so we know others are seeing them too.

The support process is fairly straight forward. A project manager will receive it and contact you if there are any questions or conclusion to your project. The project manager will find the right developer for the project, manage its progress and verify its completeness.

To start, simply purchase a quantity of 1 for that product (1hr of product support). In the notes section during checkout, put your login info including ftp and wordpress admin account. It can take 12-24 hours to actually extend that hour of support (we live in canada). However, we have been averaging < 4hrs during normal operation times. Regards ___ BePro Software Team

ukhca
    Participant

Hi BePro guys and gals,

Please could you clarify something for me – when uploading a CSV how do I go about assigning categories per listing?

I have made all my categories within wordpress and then within the csv there are corresponding columns with the matching category name in the header and then either a value of “1” (for yes) or “0” (for no) per listing. Is this the wrong way to do this as categories don’t currently seem to be assigning correctly to the listings on upload.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ben

Hi,

That’s not the correct way to setup the csv file. You can view documentation instructions on the following page

http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/listing-csv-upload/

In short, there is one column called categories, with their id’s in that single column. If you would like help with setting up the csv file, consider purchasing an hour of product support. We will create one row, using your information, which you can follow for other info

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/product-support-1hr/

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ukhca
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am making a directory of businesses, where each listing has multiple categories – do I then have a single column called ‘Categories’ and then listed all the relevant categories per listing in that column?

For example for Dave’s Autos I would list “Engines, transmission, oil”.

Apologies for all the questions but the CSV upload page is a bit sparse and unclear on this area.

Thanks,

Ben

ukhca
    Participant

Hi,

I would be grateful if you could get back to me on my last question.

I work for a not-for-profit so I don’t have the budget to purchase additional support whenever I hit a speed bump.

Many thanks,

Ben

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.